an intimate piercing

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
[AmberRose13]

an intimate piercing

Post by [AmberRose13] »

I have been concidering getting an outer labia piercing. I just feel like its one of those things I have to do to complete and balance myself.
I really want to get just one, instead of the traditional two, because I feel that having just one on my left side will be more ballanced than one on either.
I have heard that having metal in your body can interfear with meditation and spiritual work,and is best to remove piercings before attemping OBEs or Astral Progection. This would be a piercing that is only removeable when I want it out for good.
Does anyone have any information about this? Does anyone do this type of work with their piercings left in?

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I do.My nose ring is a permanent fixture.I never take it out.It is silver,I've never heard of piercings needing taken out for magickal workings.It's an interesting question.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

No I've never heard of this either.
All my peircing's stay in permanently and always have and I started meditating way before I started getting pierced. There's never been an interference in my spiritual workings - caused by piercings anyway.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

I read the metal thing in an article somewhere. I will try to find it and post it.
I was alittle confused by how the piercing would interfer with the energy flow.... maybe it depends on the type of metal? Possibly the cheaper rings wouldn't work as well as the more pricey gold or platinum? Maybe that's the theory.
That being said, I think I'd have to be crazy to spend that much on a platinum ring that going through my genitals.... lol. I think its white gold for me.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

AmberRose13 wrote:I think I'd have to be crazy to spend that much on a platinum ring that going through my genitals...
Forgive me - I don't know anyone who has intimate piercings with white gold so I can't really comment BUT if I were you I'd go with surgical titanium every time.
It is expensive but I think you'd be crazy going for a cheaper alternative.

Just my opinion of course.
:D
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

I have multiple ear piercings, and I do magical workings and meditation with my earings in all the time. I've never noticed any problems doing that.

And I do tend to agree with hedgewitch. If you intend to have any object in your body, espeacialy in such an 'intimate' area It may be best to use a very good type of metal to do so. I don't know anyone with that type of piercing either, but I can imagine the need to worry about the risk of using lower grade metal.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

hedgewitch wrote:
AmberRose13 wrote:I think I'd have to be crazy to spend that much on a platinum ring that going through my genitals...
Forgive me - I don't know anyone who has intimate piercings with white gold so I can't really comment BUT if I were you I'd go with surgical titanium every time.
It is expensive but I think you'd be crazy going for a cheaper alternative.

Just my opinion of course.
:D
Actually, for some reason platium , gold, white gold, and surgical titanium are the ones suggested. I'm allergic to gold, but not white gold, and will probably get that or the titanium. I am leaning towards the white gold just ebcause I really want it to be for decorational purposes, and the ring I found is just gorgeous.

- Amberrose
- R.K. Milholland
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I never take my earrings or nose ring our, unless it is just to change them. I wear 14-24K in nose and ears, or sometimes a surgical steel in my nose. I have had allergic reactions to other metals in my ears and nose.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I know a guy who has an "intimate" piercing, he like it. lol. I could never, little jimmy came with one hole, its going to stay that way lol. He also has a Titanium ring. He is actually allergic to most "cheap" metals on his skin, like arms, neck. He said that he will only wear surgical titanium because he is worried about getting a reaction, and a possible infection, >.<, then they'd have to cut it off, ouch!
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have a friend with an... um, intimate piercing. I'll ask her, she's a practicing witch and I value her opinion. she helps ME thrash things out when I'm befuddled, so... I'll get back to you.

Oh, and friends of mine with piercings say that they tend to energize the chakras that the piercing is near... rather than blocking the vibes...
You can use the metal's vibrations to work things. For example, a steel ring in the belly button can be used to shield off the belly and heart chakra from intrusions or energetic hooks from others. This technique is even recommended in one of the "urban witchcraft/shamanism" type books I've read. The white gold would help with balance, and the titanium will just amplify the heck out of your vibes as well as make clearing easier.
Steel is always good for shielding and defensive (and even offensive) magick.

The best I've got are some ear piercings... boy do I wish I could get titanium ear studs! LOL... I'd break the bank.

My mom has a titanium (finger) ring, and wow, what vibes! It's so potent,and yet pure energy. It blends well with practically anything... it's like the clear quartz of the metals world...only blended with pure black Ebony wood. Hard to explain.

Wish I could get a wand like that... but that's more than I'll ever be able to afford.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

jcrowfoot wrote:I have a friend with an... um, intimate piercing. I'll ask her, she's a practicing witch and I value her opinion. she helps ME thrash things out when I'm befuddled, so... I'll get back to you.

Oh, and friends of mine with piercings say that they tend to energize the chakras that the piercing is near... rather than blocking the vibes...
You can use the metal's vibrations to work things. For example, a steel ring in the belly button can be used to shield off the belly and heart chakra from intrusions or energetic hooks from others. This technique is even recommended in one of the "urban witchcraft/shamanism" type books I've read. The white gold would help with balance, and the titanium will just amplify the heck out of your vibes as well as make clearing easier.
Steel is always good for shielding and defensive (and even offensive) magick.

The best I've got are some ear piercings... boy do I wish I could get titanium ear studs! LOL... I'd break the bank.

My mom has a titanium (finger) ring, and wow, what vibes! It's so potent,and yet pure energy. It blends well with practically anything... it's like the clear quartz of the metals world...only blended with pure black Ebony wood. Hard to explain.

Wish I could get a wand like that... but that's more than I'll ever be able to afford.
I would love to hear what she says. If anything, I'd think that a piercing would impower you, because it was something you chose to do.
If the metal is really an issue... I wonder about prision tattoo's, which are made with metallic inks.... or (being a hair dresser I know this) box hair dyes, which are made up of metallic salts?
I donno.... the theory is probably false, but its fun to think about.

- Amberrose
- R.K. Milholland
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I wonder about prision tattoo's, which are made with metallic inks...., t or (being a hair dresser I know this) box hair dyes, which are made up of metallic salts?
I donno.... the theory is probably false, but its fun to think about.
Heh, lol. Well, we know that it doesn't *really* effect MRI's except to give one some very strange sensory effects. I know that tatooing, (and even scarring) have magickal effects, since many people use them that way. They are most often used for protection and healing. I think the design is more important than the content of the ink... but who knows, maybe that's a factor, too. I'd guess that having a prison tattoo would tie you more closely to that prison. *shudder*

Tinting hair? Never thought of that. Where's Samson when you need him? :D

Ok. The whole "metals interfere with magick" thing comes from the idea that the Fair Folk are neutralized by "Cold Iron". Many people interpret this as steel, or cast iron. Since few people wear cast iron jewelry (though if you frequent ren-faires it's not unheard of)
Since some people feel that magick is created by spiritual influences than I suppose it makes a kind of theoretical sense.

Also, in the beginning of the re-emergence of mystical thought, people wondered why magick wasn't used anymore... one theory had to do with the prevelence of modern metalurgy and... steel.

So people used bronze, copper, silver and brass athames and so on, and took off their jewelry before working magick.

Though why they'd remove gold and other non-ferrous metals is another question worth pondering.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”