Happy to be Alive!

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
jcrowfoot

Happy to be Alive!

Post by jcrowfoot »

:arrow: I'm happy to announce that I'm not dead.

I was in a fairly severe one-car accident this evening, and I didn't die. I didn't even get that badly hurt, though my car will never go forward under it's own power again. And, neither did my fiance, who happened to be at the wheel.

Now, for what it's worth, I don't blame him for what happened. He couldn't help that we were being forced out of our lane by a drifting Semi in heavy traffic. I think the guy was falling asleep at the wheel. During his evasive manuvers, we hit some ice and lost control of the car... winding up hitting a concrete divider and narrowly avoided a police car.

I'm ok. The exact condition of my back remains to be seen... but it's likely to be fixable with some physical therapy and some manipulation, at worst, and a well-timed backrub at best. Nothing I haven't seen before, and not a big deal on the grand scheme of things.

The most interesting thing about this event was that even from the moment he lost control of the car, I knew everything was going to be ok.
There were a lot of reasons why it shouldn't, but they never wound up happening, through some kind of divine intervention.
I just kept saying over and over again with utter certainty that it was going to be ok. I never once doubted these words... and I'm a freaking worry wart. If you knew me in my unedited moments, that alone is a freak occurrence worthy of esoteric bleed-over.

Who knows, maybe I just had the mojo tonight.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

wow. I am relieved to hear that you're alright. You are very lucky indeed. I really do hope your back is alright though.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Glad to know you're both OK.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Glad to hear everything is ok...I didn't get on here yesterday. I had an experience with snow too, but nothing dangerous. It was lost keys and recovery with a pendulum. I'll make a new post in Divination board. Glad to hear that you are safe.
Cherokeewind
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

Glad you are okay!

Kolohel
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

What a blessed Yule gift, for there is nothing more precious than life. Glad everyone is around to celebrate another turn of the wheel!
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Good to know you are still with us.Close call.Hope your back is ok too.PHEW!
kuotetsu

Post by kuotetsu »

Good to know... :wink: you can't die that easy, you'll still tell me more about crystals.. But seriously, I'm glad you're okay.. :)
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Wow. :shock:

Glad all is well.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Broken2nite

Post by Broken2nite »

Wow, I'm really glad that you and your fiance are alright! Just goes to show yah that there is definately something bigger out there lookin out for us!
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I agree, Broken. If I ever questioned it before, this experience was proof... to me at least.
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

:shock: I'm glad you two are fine.
Zei

Post by Zei »

When things like this happen, I can almost picture god turning into bugs bunny chomping on his carrot saying "ain't I a stinker?" and elmer fudd always gets back up with a frown on his face moments later.

I'm glad you guys are ok, I know those kinds of things really do shake things up.
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

Jeez I'm glad you're both alive!
Hopefully your back isn't too badly hurt.

:?
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

Oh I'm glad you and you're fiancee are alright.

Ice seems to be a lot of trouble lately. Is your back better now?

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”