Long distance/internet relationships

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Vicki*

Post by Vicki* »

Hubby and I did the whole internet/long distance thing and it worked out for us. This week we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! You just have to be careful and trust your instincts.
[url=http://www.internationalgathering.blogspot.com]~ Sometimes I just cant shut up... ~[/url]
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

11 years down the road I guess I'm living proof that things that start online can work out great :)
Innocence911

Post by Innocence911 »

I've been in a long distance relationship for slightly over a year now. It's going amazingly well. We met on a gaming site online and became best friends, then began dating. It's 45 days now until we finally meet in person and I can't wait. My parents adore him as do I. He is completely my soul mate.
I think internet relationships are very sweet. You get to know someone for who they really are, rather than for their looks or for popularity. However some people abuse this and pretend to be someone they aren't.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

*points to a few threads down on this forum* Do I even really have to say what I think?

But really, it depends on the people. Its not impossible (as seen in the examples people have already given) that two honest people can meet online and really hit it off. As long as the two are honest and really love eachother, it can work. Physical contact is an issue, this is true, but, at the risk of sounding corny, if they really love eachother, and they are true to eachother, then it can and will work. Even if you live far apart, you can schedual trips to see eachother when possible. For instance, I'm leaving tomorrow going to stay with Kim for 2 weeks. (hells yeah, woohoo!!!! :D ) and that will be great. How's the phrase go? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Phantasystar

Post by Phantasystar »

I've been in a few of them in the past and refuse to ever get in another. No matter how great the girl is online, and no matter how many times we talk on the phone before meeting, it always turned into disaster. Then again all my potential relationships have turned like that so maybe its me. hats not to say I wouldn't date a girl I met off the net. Its just that i'd want to get to know her in person for awhile first.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”