Lucid Dream...

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Lucid Dream...

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

This happened when i was younger, but it was funny enough I've remembered it all these years. One night I was alseep dreaming and I knew it was a nightmare but I was in control. So me being the goof I am I decided that I would see how goofy it could get for a night mare. I was in a freaky spooky house, it was really dakr and lightning was flashing behind me. I knew that as soon as I walked around the corner something scary was goign t happen. SO I made my own theme song and jumped around the corner with a james bond like theme playing in my ear... I was pretending to be a very silly kinda sneaky person. Anyway I got scared as expected and woke up, but I laughted a little when I woke and soon was back asleep.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

lol, i think thats the best thing to do when you go lucid...have fun and be an idiot, not that i go lucid too often(ive recently started working on it again) but when i do i have some of the most fun.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Every time I went lucid, things would go very strangely. I would never be in full control of the dream, and once I tried getting silly things would go *very* dark. I don't mean in terms of illumination. Like I'd be playing around and then suddenly there'd be this body and people think I did it.

I always wondered why that happened. I think I've always had parts of myself that were very angry.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

really, the strangest thing that happens when i go lucid is it is usually a little blurry...
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Thats so funny! I love it.

Anytime i get into that mindstate i wake up in a metter of a minet. I cant hold it that long. But there usaly dreams i dont talk about....*wink*wink*....thats all i am saying.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I tend to go lucid when things are happening that I really don't like - I haven't worked much with deliberately dreaming lucidly, I just 'decide' to do it in some dreams. Two good examples are: 1) when I was in a tornado (I have a LOT of tornado dreams) and I saw the storm coming towards the amusement park I was in and I chose to help the people in the park (cause the other people in the dream never see the danger coming) by rounding them up into my basement. and 2) I had a wicked samurai fighting-type dream once, there were 4 fighters including myself. It was very 'Highlander'; if you killed one of the other samurai you took a part of him into yourself. Well when I was swinging my sword it felt like it was moving through water, slow and ungainly and completely ineffective. I recognized that the red samurai was winning the fight (he'd already killed the other 2) and he'd get me too if I didn't fight properly. So I took a line from Robin Hood PoT: "Get Up! Move Faster!" (lol). I willed the sword and my arms to move as they would in real life, then I willed more. I recognized that it was a dream and as such I should be able to suspend normal laws and kick his ass. So I did. After the fight I lost my control though and it went back into a normal dream with purple water and killer bees that talk, but guide you as long as you listen.
merrydawn

Post by merrydawn »

Those are pretty cool dreams!

When I have lucid dreams, I usually fly in them. I'm not too sure why. I remember one from not too long ago. I dreamed I was at my parents' house and my mom said, "You can't fly!" Then I told her, "Yes I can! It's my dream and I'm going to fly!" Then I started flying all around the house.
Zero_TheBenevolent

Post by Zero_TheBenevolent »

Addalaide wrote:Anytime i get into that mindstate i wake up in a metter of a minet.
same thing happens for me, though i haven't even been able to do even that since my perverted days a few years back :lol:. from time to time on rare occasions i realize its a dream, but go with it.

like this one i had a week or two ago. i was in a mall with a couple friends (cant remember which friends), probably brought on by how much time i was spending at the mall with my friends in reality. there were these three amulets with special powers we stole from some rich and powerful guy at the mall: a red one, a blue one, and a yellow one. i had the yellow one. i only remember what power my amulet had and that was to morph into any animal at will.

i went lucid late in the dream when we were chased out by these security guards (looked more like FBI agents) trying to get the amulets back. i tripped and thats when i realized it was a dream. i never lose control of my limbs like that in reality and it usually happens to me when i've slept too long (and it pisses me off). there were more guards coming after us outside, so we ran back in. i ran up to one of my friends and grinned and turned into a panther to run faster. thing was i didn't change or anything. i just had the mindset that i could run faster on all four limbs, and to everyone around me i did look like a panther (i'm not sure but i think i was slightly floating over my body, looking down, thats why i knew i hadn't changed; plus i could see my arms even if i wasn't floating). there was this steep incline and instead of hitting the ground i just glided right past it. the problem was, right after the incline was an even steeper and longer escalator. i freaked out, cause i hate it when this happens in my dreams. it feels way too weird and when i try to go back down i just end up going higher and falling from a hundred feet in the air. luckily there was a bar high above the start of the escalator. i grabbed it and it moved down diagonally with the elevator, only faster. i hit the wall ten feet in front of the end of the escalator :lol:, slid down it, and got right back up to turn back into a panther and go up another escalator with lots of traffic :evil: lol. and thats when i woke up. or shortly after. i can't remember

anyway, just had to get that out. had that in my mind for a couple weeks now and i haven't even written it down yet.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”