Whats your favorite Crystal/Gemstone?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.

What's your favorite crystal/gemstone?

Ruby
No votes
Quartz
33%
Other
44%
Sapphire
11%
Moonstone
11%

Total votes: 9

jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have a hard time picking out my most favorite stone.
After all, in terms of absolute favorite, they change over time.
For a while I was really into Celestite. Then, Sugilite. I also like Kunzite, Kyanite and Ametrine. Anyone heard of Vasionite? Looks like pond water, but has really nice energy. I use it to keep me chipper. :-)
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Fanny wrote:I love working with stones, I love opal, Amethyst, hematite, tiger eye, Avanturine,
I remember as a kid I would always end up with amethyst jeweley, and I would always hate it how it was typical, but for some strange reason it was always that stone that I would get,now ive accepted it in my life...lol...and I whear it everyday, it's was never my stone of choice but yet I always ended up with it, now I love the energie it brings me.

I want to find a nice opal necklase but it's so hard to find arround here.
I have two Opal stones. I love the look of them, but Opal is one of those stones where you have to be ready to use it, if you know what I mean! Opal can show you many things, sometimes not always what you want to see but definitely what you need to see.
I'm wary of working with mine just yet, and when I get that feeling about anything I leave it be until I feel ready or until the stone is ready.

My mum wears Opal quite a bit, but then again she doesn't look into their meanings etc, if she likes a certain stone she'll have it lol.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I have stones I work with often, they are not really favourites, but the energies are suited to the purposes. I think if I had to choose one, it would be malachite, simply because of the wonderful patterns and 'handleability'. Stones and crystals can be affected by sunlight and heat etc. to varying degrees and someone told me, that in cleansing some crystals, salt should be avoided as it can be harmful, also be wary of cleansing iron stones using water and salt. I believe that applying heat to amethyst is what makes a 'citrine' stone, it's really a yellow amethyst.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

my malachite is pretty special to me, one end is a really dark and deep green while the other end is really light.

also lapis lazuli is one of the most easy damaged stones i know. if left in water it dissolves right up. so cleansing needs to be done rather speedily and dried properly so as not to damge it.
Fanny

Post by Fanny »

Enlightenment wrote:

I'm wary of working with mine just yet, and when I get that feeling about anything I leave it be until I feel ready or until the stone is ready.

oh I know what you mean, it's important to listend to that feeling, thats for sure, I have one opal stone, Opal is sutch a powerful /beautiful stone
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”