V for Vendetta

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Sobek
Banned Member

V for Vendetta

Post by Sobek »

i had my doubts about this movie, most movies that involve a wierdo in a mask are usually very sad excuses for movies, lets think back to some other mask movies shall we, "the mask of zorro", "the mask" and "the man in the iron mask" just to name a few and to me they all had one thing in common...they sucked!

this movie however is different in the lead it has two very very talented actors who i think deserve awards for thier performance in this movie, they are Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman, im sure we all remember both of these people. This movie like many is a comment against controlling governments plus the masked vigilante. but this movie takes that simple theme to a new high, one of artistic and very graphic expressions of beauty and tragedy alike.

this movie plays with your emotions in my oppinion this is what a deep movie is supposed to do, this has layers. layers of thought and of consciousness, of perpective, it's really quite enchanting.

i give this movie a 10 out of 10 and encourage you to see it if you havent already. i hope i havent glorified it to a point where it isnt as good as you are expecting. so get it expecting nothing and finish it in a state of awe.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You haven't glorified it more than I've already heard, but I learned a long time ago to sort of 'erase' everything I know about a movie before I see it or I usually end up hating it (except Star Wars I and II - they sucked anyway).

Vendetta is definately on my list to rent soon.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Somehow I haven't got around to seeing this one yet. I'm a big fan of any form of dystopian fiction, although I did read some pretty bad reviews of this film. But after your comments I'm definitely going to rent it out.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I am a HUGE fan of this movie!!
It is excellent and I implore everyone to watch it.
Deirdre

Post by Deirdre »

I loved this movie... I agree with Sobek, 10 out of 10!
I really recommend people to see it :P
* ~ * Deirdre * ~ *

Just waiting for my mind to catch up with me.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i almost cried when mallory's story was being told, not only because of it's tragic nature but because she needed it to keep her sanity.
Pessamistic Angel

Post by Pessamistic Angel »

I went to the cinema to watch this and it happened to be in spanish , but have downloaded the english version soon and hoping to watch that.
I couldnt believe when i turned round during the film and out of the 5 people i was with 2 people were asleep and one had buggered off to the arcade*sigh* neanderthals... wait no...... men
:roll:
Heaven Wouldnt Take Me And Hell Was Scared Id Take Over...
Yes, Im Evil. But Its Part Of My Charm.
Elem

Post by Elem »

Absolutely brilliant film. Watched it myself the other day, at last! Loved every minute of it.

Not that I'm condoning illegal broadcasts, but the entire film is up on www.dailymotion.com.....

Of course, I'm only providing you with the basic link.. I'm sure you can work out how to search for it from there on in ;). And, of course, I waiver all accountability in terms of the dodgy legality of an entire movie being uploaded.. I didn't upload it, and I'm only providing this information for 'educational purposes'.. Do with it what you will :).

Elem
Shadowflame

Post by Shadowflame »

I do love V for Vendetta, but I also love everything that touches on stuff like this, whether it be religion, child abuse or a totalitarian government being the bad guys (always a favourite, even though I don't really like politics) it can hardly go wrong. if anyone feels the same way as me about these topics, especially the first two, I would recommend watching "The Gathering" One of the most interesting movies I've ever seen.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Maybe I'll see it when I forgive Natalie Portman for shaving off all her hair.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i dont know crow...i think it suits her alot. she looks alot prettier with hair, but you know, cant complain lol
Colubra

Post by Colubra »

Twas a great movie, though I need to rewatch the end b/c there were distractions around here while I was watching it.
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

*note my current set. :D

I adore this movie. It's one of my favorites. I had my doubts too, when it first came out.
But I think it was brilliant. Hugo Weaving was capable of expressing so much emotion as V so well, and he never even showed his face. That's talent, right there. (in my opinion)

And Sobek, I didn't almost, I balled like a baby at that part of the movie. I still do, every time I watch it. Maybe I'm just a sissy, but I was really heartbroken for her character (and all the others). I know her lines by heart. :roll: Does this make me a nerd?

I've never read an American Comic Book/Graphic Novel in my life, but after seeing the movie, I am tempted to read V for Vendetta just to compare it to the movie.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Personally, I think it takes balls for a guy to admit he cried at a movie.

So I don't think you are a sissy at all.
twilight

Post by twilight »

I loved this film!

My favourite part was when Evey found the note left by the woman in the prison.

On and the kiss at the end.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”