New to candle magick

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
nakano1417

New to candle magick

Post by nakano1417 »

So I normally purify and re charge my crystals and stones with sage, but my stores are all out and my online order is taking forever. I have a friend who got me a purification spell candle that is mixed with herbs and crystals. Do I need anything extra for a spell to cleanse my other crystals? I’ve never used a candle for cleansing before.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New to candle magick

Post by SpiritTalker »

Candles aren’t really cleansing, it’s the herbs that are mixed into this particular candle that do the job. A preassembled spell-candle won’t have had exposure to your magnetic energies. Make it your own by smelling it 1st (scent programs the mind). Lightly dab oil on it (olive oil holds your psychic energy to the candle), then charge 🙌🏽 it with your energy to set your Will/intention. Keep it simple. Maybe say “cleanse this space as I say, cleanse it well night and day.”

You can simply rinse most stones after use under the cool water tap to reset. Flowing water has negative ions like sage smoke. Note: Selenite & Kunzite are soft stones & can lose their glossy shine when washed so use a dry cleanse like setting stones in a dish of dried rosemary and a few pinches of salt. Smoke from rosemary is cleansing. A whole leaf of any dry plant can flash-burn so drop it into a bowl or hold a twig with tweezers.

I hope that helps.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”