Questions of who are my deity's & Quan Yin ?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
potentbee

Questions of who are my deity's & Quan Yin ?

Post by potentbee »

Hi there,
I am just wanting to know how to find out who my deity's are? I am setting up an altar & would like to put a statue of a Goddess & God but just don't know who to put there.. I am just after some info on what God/Goddess would be of love if any?
I am from a Christian background, i believed The Christian God was of love but do not see things that way anymore. I was wondering if there is any God/Goddess that represents love, kindness ect? I want to associate myself with a Goddess & God of these qualities. Any advice would be most helpful & appreciated.
Kind regards Potent Bee.
I did find a Goddess named Quan Yin who is said to be of Mercy & compassion, would that be the closest Goddess to work with?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Questions of who are my deity's & Quan Yin ?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Quan yin is an excellent choice. She personifies the quality of mercy and compassion. Do some research on her. There are sites on the web dedicated to her. Use a search with multiple spellings of her name. Happy hunting.
potentbee

Post by potentbee »

Thank you I am just looking for a relatable God now.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Quantity Yin is probably a good start. Let yourself be open to suggestions that might seem to come out of nowhere. If you get one, ask yourself how it feels. If it doesn't feel right, don't be afraid to move on, and keep looking.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
potentbee

Post by potentbee »

Thanks for the tips most appreciated.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Potentbee, definately start with Quan Yin. She comes to all that call upon her.... or him (She has a male version too).

Pagans are usually polytheists, so you can also work with a few others. Check out Aphrodite, and the Egyptian Hathor.
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Quan Yin (or Guanyin, as I call her) is a really wonderful goddess whom I pray to quite often. I wrote about some of her background in my introduction to Guanyin, if you're interested.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I agree as to Quan Yin being a goddess of love and compassion ;

Yet as well there is White Tara :

http://www.wildmind.org/mantras/figures/whitetara

And Green Tara :

http://www.wildmind.org/mantras/figures/greentara

I attended a huge ceremony with the Dali Lama in 1989 dedicated to White Tara, which lasted for hours of a mixture of Buddhist meditation and old Bon Po shamanistic techniques to call on her. Hundreds of monks overtone chanting as well.

The day after the Santa Cruz / Bay area earthquake happened, and I am sure it could have been worse without her compassion.

Yet for your and others future reference here is a very small sampling of the world's gods and goddesses and some of their
attributes. I would always research further on any deity found on this, or any list before working with them.

http://www.earthchildpendants.co.uk/gods.html

Best in your quest and may the one you seek find you!

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”