Divination through evocation or invocation.

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
RyukaAscendant

Divination through evocation or invocation.

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've heard it's possible but I wondered if anyone here has experience with using it reliably. I know it depends on the person and the god as to whether it will work. But I've yet to find divination that works well for me.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Divination through evocation or invocation.

Post by Firebird »

This is best preformed when you have someone acting as the vessel.
In my tradition it is called an aspecting, others call it an invoking. Then that person acts as the oracle and should be able to give divination on your questions. It's important to take notes, something that doesn't make any sense today may become quite clear down the road.
What other methods of divination have you tried?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
RyukaAscendant

Re: Divination through evocation or invocation.

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've tried runes and tarot but I can never seem to keep hold of them. I have a bad habit of finding them and then finding that I was just the path for them to reach someone who needs them. Otherwise I've done some with pendulums. And I should say I never got very good with runes or tarot because I never knew what to ask. I'd do some basic exercises for meditation but never much in the way of actual divination.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.

Return to “General Divination”