Eating Your Spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Eating Your Spell

Post by SpiritTalker »

Eating a spell by first writing the intent onto a fortune-cookie sized strip of rice paper and dissolving it in water, and then using the liquid to cook with or in a cuppa tea, could be a magical means to inner change. It's a simple spell anyone can do.

If you want to change a habit, ingest the preferred behavior. If you want to acquire some positive influence, eat it.

Sigils in the butter and such are another way.

Rice paper can also be used to dissolve fears and disintegrate negative issues. Pour them down the drain.

Rice paper is made from rice obviously, and can be found in the international foods isle of larger grocery stores, or bought at Asian markets. Other kinds of paper cannot be substituted for rice paper and should not be ingested.
smogie_michele

Re: Eating Your Spell

Post by smogie_michele »

I love this.
I will also inscribe symbols or words into pie crust before filling and baking.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This is a great topic, thanks SpiritTalker! Rice paper is a great idea. I have also inscribed runes onto cakes before frosting them so that the blessings of the runes would be eaten. Also some little things can be done like stirring soup sunwise or widdershins for different purposes, adding certain herbs, etc.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

We infused an orange once with energy for positive growth. We did this at Yule, meditated with the orange then birthed it through a makeshift womb that was a red velvety flannel. (Like it was a little positive solar orb :fairy: ) (We've use props when in the yard :D )
After we came through the birth cannal with our orange, we all sat in silent mindful meditation and consumed the fruit.
That was a cool ritual.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
HazelWolffe

Post by HazelWolffe »

What about the best ink to use? Or are most regular pens non-toxic?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Make invisible ink with lemon juice.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Inks that are water soluble are non toxic, especially those used in kids coloring markers. Not sure about gel inks or glitters. Or use food coloring. It's safe.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I wouldn't be the most comfortable eating anything with commercial inks or paints in them, but there are lots of ways to make magical inks and use them with a dip pen. Here's an older thread about magical inks. Seraphin shared his results using tea as an ink. We also talked about the possibility of making ink out of beets, blackberries, etc.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
HazelWolffe

Post by HazelWolffe »

Tea is a good idea. Or even coffee, I suppose. I'll have to try that.
Xiao Rong wrote:I wouldn't be the most comfortable eating anything with commercial inks or paints in them, but there are lots of ways to make magical inks and use them with a dip pen. Here's an older thread about magical inks. Seraphin shared his results using tea as an ink. We also talked about the possibility of making ink out of beets, blackberries, etc.
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

This is great! It would have much bigger impact for me if I consumed it especially if it was a spell for myself. I've never thought of that but it makes so much sense!! I've always tried to put good thoughts into my cooking, but this is interesting
CleverlyDisguised

Eating Your Spell

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Once brewed a lovely apple cinnamon mead in a glass jug etched with runes for good fortune, strength, luck, and banishing negativity and then drank it on Yule

A man's Magick demonstrates what sort of person he is, what is held most deeply inside of him.
There is no truer gauge of a man's character than the way in which he employs his strength, his power. -- Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden
Ego sum vir prudens non magicis artibus...
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I just found cookie decorating pen at michaels and it reminded me of this thread. Its a pen with food coloring as ink and the cashier told me that she uses hers all the time and writes fairly neatly.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”