Energy Draining?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
lizzel21

Energy Draining?

Post by lizzel21 »

I need some help, I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I have a shelf that I keep candles and some of my altar pieces on as a place to collect my energy over time so it's all as charged as possible when I go to use it. The thing is my husband seems to suck up energy like it's going out of style. He is taoist but he participates with some of my spells and things because he is very interested in what I do and I love having him help me but it's been really hard to build up the energy I need because every time he walks past my shelf or he helps me with anything he saps all the energy. I've been reading about energy vampires but that doesn't seem to fit what is happening. He doesn't do it on purpose but it makes it hard for is to enjoy working together and it really sucks :( anybody have any advice or ideas? I've put a spell on a bracelet for him to try to help and it did a little but it is still an issue. I don't want to tell him he can't go near my things but that's where we are right now and I hate it. Please any help would be appreciated.
corvidus

Re: Energy Draining?

Post by corvidus »

From my perspective.. Your husband is male, and you're female. When you charge something with your feminine energy, it will necessarily be attracted to his masculine energy. Nature hates gradients, so when your husband walks by everything balances out on account of metaphysical laws.

A good way to protect your magically charged items is to wrap your things in tin foil or silk, or put them in a box lined with tin foil or silk. These make good 'insulators'.
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

Yes, sorry, I didn't think to say that. Is there not any way to leave everything up and out? I use it regularly and it would be a lot harder to do that if iylt was all wrapped or stored away.
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

Also, It isn't just me he affects. He has been known to drain other people's and even animal's energy. He also drains batteries in watches and phones and cameras and computers.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi Lizzel. Do you notice your husband draining energy from you constantly in other situations as well? Or is it just when it comes to your altar tools and energy-raising? If it's the latter, then my inclination is to say that it is fairly normal for altars and ritual tools to become "contaminated" with other people's energies, and need cleansing. Many people are often somewhat careful about who they let touch their tools, Tarot decks, etc., for this reason. It may be that your altar, tools, and workings were intended for you alone, and they lose their impact when mixed with your husband's energies. You might have better luck if you build a joint altar with him, for the express purpose of doing workings together -- or perhaps consecrating a special set of ritual tools for the two of you to use together, and keeping your personal tools somewhere else.

EDITED TO ADD: I just noticed your response saying that it's not just your tools, but other cases as well.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had problems for years with draining watch batteries. Sometimes it's a matter of an individual's electromagnetic field. Your husband may be able to make some adjustments to his field to make it less of a drain on things and lives.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

Thats kinda what I was thinking SnowCat, I just wouldn't even know where to start. Any suggestions?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had to make a conscious effort to redirect my emotional energy. I forgot to mention that I used to cause poltergeist activity too. People at work would have things jump off shelves at them. Mine was stress related. The physical, mental and emotional all work together, so if something is out of balance, it can cause the effect you're seeing.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

Ok, he is a veteran and has anxiety and ptsd so I think that may have a lot to do with it. Maybe getting him to actively try to redirect his energy that will help. Thank you!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The PTSD is most likely the cause. It sets off a lot of self protection mechanisms that the person isn't consciously aware of.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

lizzel21 wrote:Maybe getting him to actively try to redirect his energy that will help.
I think you're heading in the right direction with your thinking, lizzel21. I would say he really, really just has to learn to shield himself...,not from others, but for the sake of others, if that makes sense. Meditation helps. But, he needs to learn to hold a thoughtform of "containment" (containing himself, containing his energy). He can acquire the skill, with intention and consistency.

Basically, if he is powerful enough to drain things around him, he is more than powerful enough to also erect and maintain a good, solid shield so as not to negatively affect people and things around him. While he may not be able to stop the electronics from being drained, he could definitely seal and protect the energy of your altar by erecting a wall around it that protects it...from him.

It's doable. :wink:

lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

That is really helpful! We've never thought of it that way, Thank you so much!

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”