Going to try casting a circle for the first time help please

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Going to try casting a circle for the first time help please

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Hello
I am planning to try casting a circle for the first time tonight. Now I am planning to use 5 stones from my back garden to represent the points of the pentagram to help me now I have a couple of questions.
1) does it matter if the stones are all different sizes?
2) would I need to cleanse the stones first?
Thank you for any answers given
Blessed be
frozenlight

Re: Going to try casting a circle for the first time help pl

Post by frozenlight »

Yay!! First casting! Such fun :fairy:

Your idea sounds perfect. I wouldn't personally worry about them being exact same sizes, just similar sizes maybe. If they are outdoor stones (not store bought) then I personally would not be too thorough with cleansing them. Just a mix of water and salt and sprinkle on them with a few words asking for the aid of the nature spirits could suffice? Or you could go all out, cleanse each individually, draw a symbol for the elemental point on each stone and dedicate it respectively. Wrap them after and reuse then.

It really is up to you. You can just pick up five stones, four stones or no stones from the great outdoors and off you go!

Good luck on your first casting, don't forget it can be helpful to start a record of experiences noting time, place, weather, sensations, etc.

Have fun. Love, light and peace,
FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you I'm mainly doing it to help with meditation as I feel it will help me to concentrate a lot better and will hopefully stop me being so jumpy.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

The more out of focus I am, the worse I am with jumping, sliding, walking into walls, etc. Fluorite helps me when I'm feeling out of sync with myself. And your idea of meditation to help with this is excellent. Have you heardof/tried positive affirmations before? :flyingwitch:

Love, light, and peace,
FL
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I have never heard of positive affirmations before what is that? I think the reason
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

This is the source I find rings true with what I believe positive affirmations to be.

http://www.free-positive-thought.com/up ... mation.pdf

Hope that explains for you.
Love, light and peace,
FL
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you for that link. I'll have to have a read of it. So I gave myself a practice attempt at doing the circle casting, and while I wasn't able to do it perfectly, as I struggled to visualise the light coming from my hand to create the circle I was at least able to visualise the circle complete. I then asked the spirits of the elements and the lord and lady to help protect the circle . afterwards I started doing a guided visualisation meditation that I found on YouTube to help connect with the goddess energy, and while I wasn't able to actually visualise her, I did feel a lot of energy. While I was kind of spooked out, it felt nice, even though for some reason I felt cold. After doing it I thanked the lord and lady and said farewell to them, followed by doing the same for the elements.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Also, is it normal after meditation, especially when trying to connect with the lady, that because obviously I'm calling up energy, to feel drained and fall asleep afterwards?
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Your welcome for the link :flyingwitch:

It sounds like you could be on the right track, being able to see the circle complete is definitely a good sign. I will ground and centre TWICE in ritual and meditation. Once before the working, and again afterwards. Are you familiar with the terms grounding and centring? I think if you felt drained and fell asleep after, maybe practice these two techniques a bit before trying again.

Or it could be that being out of focus so much has left you more tired than you realised, and you got gifted with a quick recharge!! :lol: How did you feel after your power nap?

Love, light and peace,
FL
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I've never heard of grounding and centring will have to research it. I think i may of made sense of a few of the random things i saw during my meditation and yes i did it was actually such a random one as i was just watching a video on YouTube after doing my meditation and then drifted off.
Blessed be
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Frozenlight has given good guidance, and hope I'm not butting in. I'm just interested.

Grounding and centering give you the energy connections so you don't get drained.

Grounding is connecting to the Earth, imagining a tap root from the spine into the ground. You pull energy up from this, and when you're done, send the excess energy back as a thank you.

Centering is being in that quiet, inner power place, the sweet spot, the zone, and from there your concentration is intensified and your mind doesn't shimmy allover the place.

If you have these two steps down pat, with some deep breathing, you can do simple daily magic without exhaustion.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you I will have to learn to do those 2 things
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

SpiritTalker has given sound advice, and I'm sorry I didn't realise you didn't know what grounding and centering were! There are many different techniques and ideas available online so just read some different ones, try some out and you will find what one resonates with you. Or come up with a whole new technique that works for you! (Remember, sharing is caring :fairy: )

May I suggest this blog, it has some good foundations for practice. And it makes for some good reading, I like the Year and A Day section also. I don't strictly follow the year and a day idea, but it's a nice guidance list.

https://awitchssacredjourney.com/founda ... -practice/

Never be afraid to ask a question, just remember...I'm also never afraid to say I don't know :flyingwitch:

FL
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thank you I found a really simple technique on line that I am going to try basically sitting comfortably with my hands flat on the floor. I'd like to keep it basic as I don't want to send my adhd into an overload lol.
Blessed be.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

I still do that. It's my go-to grounding technique. Sometimes I will do the whole visualisation and meditation of a tree, extending my branches etc. Yet, sometimes it's nice to drink some water, and feel the grass!! Love it. You are doing great.

FL

Return to “Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft”