Can you consume a fragment of someone's soul?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
moon_in_june

Can you consume a fragment of someone's soul?

Post by moon_in_june »

My question is, if you consume enough of someone's aural energy- their lifeforce- isn't that a portion of soul or essence? Can you form an unusually strong bond with someone by having consumed so much of their life force, and having it within your own aura?

I'm very new to spirituality, but, from what I've come to understand, I'm an empath and I also have a unique issue where I can't always control when and to whom I give my psychic aural energy to. For example, if a check-out clerk at a grocery store happens to brush my hand by accident, there's a good chance that I'd accidentally give them my aural energy. This weird issue leads to a giving imbalance on my end when I fall into a relationship with someone that I love and my energy boundaries go haywire, and, if the person happens to be skilled with energy work, they can freely take my energy, even while I'm asleep.

My ex is someone who sees auras and is skilled with energy work, is an energy vampire, and is also a natural spirit medium, and I remember him saying things like ""I feel like a vampire around you". I remember waking up in the middle of the night with him lying awake next me, touching my neck, and feeling that feeling you get when you lose energy. Many times I remember leaving his home feeling so drained that I could hardly do anything other than sleep or rest for a whole day. That is not normal for me. I'd often beg him to return my energy to me, and he'd only ever relent when it was clear that I could hardly function because of the sheer exhaustion I felt while running so low on aural energy. While making love, occasionally, he'd dump almost all of his own energy store back into me, but, within weeks I'd be back to near empty on my own stores of aural energy, creating a cycle.

Now that we've broken up I feel like I physically cannot get over him, which is incredibly out of character for me. Some other things have happened which have led me to believe that an unusually strong bond exists between us, possibly as a result of so much of my lifeforce- aural energy- still floating around within his aura. I wonder if his cyclical consumption of my aural energy has had anything to do with this. Could it be that he's consumed so much of my aural energy that we're bonded in some horribly backwards way? Does that ever actually happen? Have you ever encountered a similar scenario?
corvidus

Re: Enounter With Energy Vampire

Post by corvidus »

If what you say is even close to accurate, I'd advise you burn anything and everything that reminds you of him. Seriously. Birthday card? Bracelet? Earrings? Clothes? Gather it all in a pile and light it with a match.

goodnevil
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Enounter With Energy Vampire

Post by SpiritTalker »

The only thing I can think of, not personally having experienced your specific situation, is to take daily salt/vinegar showers to cut off all outside influence on your aura. Then shield your energy by imagining a containment bubble around your body. Repeat daily until you feel you are in control. Others here may have more in-depth advice.
Katrinkah

Re: Energy Vampire

Post by Katrinkah »

I haven't experienced that particular situation but I am an empath who is married to an energy vampire. I have been drained until it effected me physically and then drained some more! One thing that has really helped me, along with being aware, grounding, and blocking, is taking it back. When ever I am feeling drained I take my energy back from my husband or anybody I may have encountered that took some and I also send what ever I absorbed back. This makes me feel better instantly! Hope that helps. I made a thread about vampires in the healing section of the forum. There's some helpful stuff in it if you have a chance to check it out. Anyway good luck!
YanaKhan

Re: Can you consume someone's soul?

Post by YanaKhan »

Hello, moon_in_june.
Please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!
Dark_Angel

Post by Dark_Angel »

Hello! Ok so I have some experience with the energy vampires. There is a bond, we all have bonds formed with those we love. I would suggest doing a breaking bond spell, or burn or dispose of the things that physically tie you to him.
You also should ground and center on a daily basis. I would also work on shielding. When you know you are around someone you know takes your energy you can throw up a shield.
But don't make the mistake I did. I cut myself off completely, trying to shield myself. That drained me more than anything. There is a balance between shielding and allowing your aura to mingle with others. You'll be able to find it :)
I'm by no means an expert in energy work, but I am pretty good at figuring out what needs to be done to achieve a goal :) my pm is always open and best of luck to you!
moon_in_june

Post by moon_in_june »

YanaKhan wrote:Hello, moon_in_june.
Please go to the top section of the forum and introduce yourself. Thank you!
Yes, just posted an introduction, thanks for the suggestion
WiccanWitch

Re: Can you consume a fragment of someone's soul?

Post by WiccanWitch »

In my understanding of souls my simple answer would be no. That isn't to say someone can't attach to or deeply affect your soul. Cleanse and protect.
Dark_Angel

Re: Can you consume a fragment of someone's soul?

Post by Dark_Angel »

Hey moon! I can't find another way to message you, I think my pm is messed up. Every time I try to reply to your message it doesn't seem to send. I have Kik or another way of messaging. If you want just let me know!

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”