The Herkimer Diamond

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Shekinah

The Herkimer Diamond

Post by Shekinah »

My Goddess (Spirit Guide) is Shekinah and She tells me She has an affinity to the Herkimer Diamond. The attributes of this unique form of quartz are many and Magickal. Most significantly it is an "attunement" crystal linking holders of the crystal to each other and to the Spirit realm. It is a key to inter-dimensional doorways and an amplifier of the universal life force. The Herkimer Diamond also retains memory that can be accessed by psychometry.

I have affixed a Herkimer Diamond to the tip of my magickal wand and my ceremonial staff. These crystals should be maintained in pairs swaddled in leaves of white sage when being stored. I have affixed one on each of two small figurines of the Fae Tresotyme from Faerie Glen> I keep one on my altar and the other I gave to my granddaughter in Denver to establish a psychic link to this young Indigo soon to experience an awakening of old genetic memories that will usher her into the wonderful world of Magick and Spiritual enlightenment.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Herkimer Diamond

Post by Firebird »

I love the herkimer, we use it as the first stone given to our apprentices when the embark upon the path of the Goddess and as a symbol of ones bright and shining spirit. Herkimers, however, are simply double terminated quartz crystals from Herkimer N. Y. Special only in the fact they came frome a mine in that town. Their clarity and crystalline look makes them very appealing, though they can be rather spendy.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
evil ed

Re: The Herkimer Diamond

Post by evil ed »

The Herkimers are wonderful stones! Almost all are water-clear, chunky, and they have a tendency towards double termination. They get their name from being found in Herkermer, New York. These beauties can be a bear to collect yourself. they occur in small pockets (called vugs) in the bedrock. Sometimes you can find a few without having to break bedrock, but the real special ones are those that you "release" yourself! :)

There are similar quartz crystals on the market, and they are very nice within their own right, but the real "Herkermer Diamond" is in a class all by itself!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”