Pet health help?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Aluette

Pet health help?

Post by Aluette »

Does anyone have a spell or charm for pet health? I have a baby ball python who refuses to eat and I'm drawing a blank!
Becks

Re: Pet health help?

Post by Becks »

Oh no! Poor thing-what did the vet suggest? Blessings for you and your Python.
Aluette

Post by Aluette »

It's not unusual! Ball pythons tend to not eat for lots of reasons, but we're just having no luck. It's not to the dangerous point yet, just starting to want some additional aid.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ask him why he isn't eating. You may have to listen very closely to discern an answer.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Have you changed his environment recently? This may be a reason for him to stop eating.
I agree with Snow - ask him.
And consult with more than one vet if necessary.
Blessings.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

What's the temperature in his cage? If too cool, it can throw him off of feeding.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Have you thought about joining a reptile pet forum and asking this question there?

I don't have any expertise with reptiles, but specific exotic pet forums have helped me interpret some of the things my hedgehog has done that in the past I thought was weird (because new hedgehog mommy and over-protectiveness). At least there you'll have people who have years of experience handling and caring for reptiles, and can give you insight (plus they'll often tell you very bluntly when to speak to a vet).
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Vesca wrote:Have you thought about joining a reptile pet forum and asking this question there?
Ooo, good idea. When I have very specific questions, those specialty forums are excellent. People out there know so much. Gardening question, I go to a gardening forum, etc. See, know-it-alls really are good for somethin' after all, hehe. :wink2:

Aluette, there seems to be kind of an unwritten rule not only among this board, but people who practice witchcraft, in general, that we always eliminate all physical causes, before resorting to any magical solutions. It's not an official rule per se, but I've noticed that just seems to be how most operate. I find it really is less wear and tear on one's energy to do things that way because spell work is time consuming, and never a quick-fix, though there seems to be a perception out there that it is. It's not. In your case, it's probably better to just see a vet rather than use a charm or spell, or if you have seen one get a second opinion if you're still worried, or as Vesca said, pop in on a "pet snake" forum out there (haha, I bet there's some of those) and post an inquiry. The lovely know-it-alls will help you, I'm sure.

Peace.

P.S.: We have a ball python. They were calling it by a male name, but I would always call her "Rosie." My family was like, "it's a male, it's a male." Then, we found later it is indeed a female. Rosie is a very classy lady, I really enjoy her spirit. A few weeks ago though, she was staying in her water pond at night, as well as during the day. I kept telling everyone something's wrong with her. They were like, "no, she tends to get in her pond, especially in the summer when it's warm." I was like, "Not at night. Something's wrong."

So, I took it upon myself to go to the local "Serpentarium" and discuss this with staff there. They immediately pointed out that the new bedding one of my family members recently put at the bottom of her aquarium was totally unsuitable for pythons, and that's why she was avoiding it. Once again (story of my freakin' life!) I told them what was wrong, and when they changed the bedding, she started crawling around her aquarium again, like normal.

My point is, I know it might sound crazy but what SnowCat and Yanakhan suggested, they're right, or at least that's what I have experienced. I just talk to the snake (not that I ever get any answers back, I just get a "sense" of how she's feeling). I knew she was a female when everyone else thought she was male. I knew she was uncomfortable when everyone else thought she was fine. How did I know? I just talked to her, and established a connection. Sounds crazy, but try it.

Return to “Animals and Pets”