XL Thoth Deck Just my thoughts on them.

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

XL Thoth Deck Just my thoughts on them.

Post by Silent Stream »

Just purchased the extra large Thoth deck. Anyone who has the regular size wont be disappointed. Same great quality as regular deck. The reason for this purchase, was because the card art work is so awsome, and it's so much easier to see all the details of the cards. It does have a small book that comes with it, but I already have the mirror of the soul book to help. Amazon is a bit pricey $33, when you add shipping, you might end up at $40 I got mine at my regular store here in Lexington, KY for $27. These cards are big, but if you side shuffle them they're great! Hope this helps anyone thinking about purchase. Go for it! I'm very happy with them! If you do buy mirror of the soul for the thoth deck, it does not contain reversals. I dont use them anyway as of yet. 1-10 they're a 10. smileylove
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: XL Thoth Deck Just my thoughts on them.

Post by SnowCat »

Good information. Thanks for sharing it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Thats one I want to buy. It's on my wish list. Thanks for the info!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I've seen this one come through various used bookstores before for around $10.

I'm all for reducing waste and buying second-hand if I can help it. But if you're short on cash, it's a good option. It just takes a phone call and a hold request sometimes to track one down. Of course, patience is helpful and if you're willing to wait the month or two for one to come around, then it will help with the financials.

If you don't want to wait and one isn't immediately available... well there are other options of course. :P
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

For those of you who dont want to dig into the book of thoth and dont have a degree in thothology LOL! Gerd Ziegler's TAROT MIRROR OF THE SOUL is a easy to understand handbook for the Aleister Crowley tarot theres a section on how to use the cards for internal balancing ,thats interesting, got it off amazon. Blessings
Becks

Post by Becks »

I have the XL Thoth like you do, I chose it over the smaller because I love the art so much....the only thing is that I find the size a little bit much when shuffling and handling. Sometimes I wish I had the smaller size for ease of handling and putting in my bag to go.

It's the first deck I ever bought I can't get over the art.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Ya. That would be my problem. I have teeny hands haha. I actually have to buy gloves from the kids dept. hah.
Silent Stream
Banned Member

Post by Silent Stream »

Becks wrote:I have the XL Thoth like you do, I chose it over the smaller because I love the art so much....the only thing is that I find the size a little bit much when shuffling and handling. Sometimes I wish I had the smaller size for ease of handling and putting in my bag to go.

It's the first deck I ever bought I can't get over the art.
Learn to shuffle them sideways instead of like a regular deck,it doesnt bend the cardsas much and after a while youll see they mix much better.
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's a great suggestion and it's exactly how I compensate for the size. I still find the size a bit unnatural to handle however, but I love them!
dan8uillin

Post by dan8uillin »

I was using a rider-waite deck, but I bought the thoth deck recently because the artwork was so much better. According to Crowley's book, it's also more qabalistically (is that a word?) accurate too. But the book is dense, so I haven't really worked with it yet.
Last edited by Vesca on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed text speak.

Return to “Tarot Talk”