How Long Does it take?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
Greek_Male_Witch

How Long Does it take?

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hello, I know Magic, is not an exact science, and there are a lot of factors at play, but how long do you think it takes for a spell to work? I mean how do you know it did not work and you have to try again? everyone share your opinions :) thanks
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Becks

Re: How Long Does it take?

Post by Becks »

Hello! It sounds like you might be needing something soon. Is this about the employment thread? If you could be a bit more specific that might help folks to answer.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

It depends on the kind of spell and the elements used in it.
Like take earth for example, earth is a slower pace because a seed doesn't sprout a beautiful flower overnight. So you would use earth for things like quiting smoking or weight loss.
Fire is much quicker. Air and water will work at the speed the spell requires. These two have no limit.

Just remember a spell is and aid, not a solution. If you don't put in any effort then neither will spirit.

Hope that helps.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Greek_Male_Witch

It is for an employment spell, but it's a question I wanted to ask for a long time...I know nobody can tell for sure, but do you know what is the acceptable time of waiting, and when do you know your spell did not work? Thanks guys.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Hey there, okay-so you are asking something about the secular? Is that correct? In my opinion these matters relate to Malkuth, this plane of existence. I follow the energy back-that's to say these matters are about the root....root chakra energy....security, the needs of life shelter, food etc...in my workings I find this correspondence vibrates slower and it is of our world. In my experience the working done in this world to support and affect the change will have a LOT more power over such matters. It is my opinion that there is a closer connection to a positive outcome by doing a mundane task with powerful and directed intent (writing a cover letter, gaining a new skill), versus moving up to a higher vibration while not affecting the mundane plane. While the vibration of this work is seemingly slower, it would be a lot closer to the change and outcomes in the end since they are secular as well. I think in terms of magical working "time" it is closer to "real time" as we understand it.

My thoughts for a positive outcome go out to you because this is exhausting, and I have had to be doing a lot of work in this realm lately as well.

In the end I believe if you did work it should have a kind of "tag" on it. If you still yourself enough you should probably be able to pick up the filiment connecting you to the work, and following it back to the intent you should be able to gauge its effectiveness and decide from there what your next course of action would be.

This is tough stuff and especially in light of the difficulty Greece is experiencing. Let me know what you think and I really do hope you get what you need.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Becks wrote:Hey there, okay-so you are asking something about the secular? Is that correct? In my opinion these matters relate to Malkuth, this plane of existence. I follow the energy back-that's to say these matters are about the root....root chakra energy....security, the needs of life shelter, food etc...in my workings I find this correspondence vibrates slower and it is of our world. In my experience the working done in this world to support and affect the change will have a LOT more power over such matters. It is my opinion that there is a closer connection to a positive outcome by doing a mundane task with powerful and directed intent (writing a cover letter, gaining a new skill), versus moving up to a higher vibration while not affecting the mundane plane. While the vibration of this work is seemingly slower, it would be a lot closer to the change and outcomes in the end since they are secular as well. I think in terms of magical working "time" it is closer to "real time" as we understand it.
My beliefs exactly! I agree with Becks! Physical plane which is known to some Kabbalist as Malkuth, to be more specific Malkuth of Asiyyah (since there's five Malkuths in Five Worlds of Kabbalah and Asiyyah or the World of Action is the lowest realm of existence where our material Universe with all its creations exists) and to Yoruba people as "Aye" (the tangible world of the living) vibrates slower. Not to mention, the farthest vessel from the Spiritual Plane but it contains all the manifestation of our intentions.

Malkuth of Asiyyah (or the earth plane) receives all that it has from the other planes of existence (in Kabbalah, this explained through sefirots and the worlds). Malkuth of Asiyyah "has nothing of its own"; thus, Zoharistic tradition compares Malkuth to the moon which has no light of her own. On the other hand, in this plane is the final revelation or manifestation of our intent (Human or Divine intent).

The energies of our intention must still go through the different worlds and transforms them and that takes time and effort. Our desires and intentions to manifest fully undergo in a process: they are powered first by our emotions, then intelligence of our psyche, followed by the force of our energies and inspiration of the Spirit. Meaning to say, before anything happens on the Malkuth of Asiyyah (physical plane), they appear or happen on the emotional, mental, astral and spiritual planes first. There's no exception to this. Before a sword or a house becomes a physical reality, it must exist in the mind, heart and soul of the smith and the carpenter first.

No intention (either it's sent through spells, prayers, affirmations or chants) goes wasted. Ancient Wisdom teaches us that all prayers, petitions, etc., even ones which seem to go unanswered, are stored away in the Spiritual or Divine Realm and come into fruition at a later date. So if a spell or a magickal/energetic work didn't work instantly as you expected, don't be discouraged or dismayed. If it didn't work today it might work tomorrow. If not tomorrow it will work in a week. If not a week, in a month or so on and so forth.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Greek_Male_Witch

I see, well about the connection thing, I feel my spell is "out there", but I don't want to "search" deeper and destroy its purpose, you know? I can feel it, the thing is I see no change so far, ok it hasn't been very long, a week maybe, but I thought that because it was emergency, it would manifest...thanks guys! You really have enlightened me!
Greek_Male_Witch

It worked! It finally worked! I've been sending these emails to our mayor before the spell, in order to find a job or something, he did not reply. I did the spell, it took some time, remember I made this post that I asked you how long does it take? And boom! TODAY he called and asked to meet my brother so he can give him a job! Magick does work! It had worked before, it worked now, I can't believe I doubted it for bit! :)

Oh, plus the phone number of the mayor ends in 777 (7=The number of magic, that's how I know it was the spell!)
Becks

Post by Becks »

Congratulations! I can feel your relief from here. Now go out there and make sure you only use your powers for good! :lol: :twisted:

Return to “F.A.Q.”