Healing spell gone wrong? Or just bad timing? :(

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
budgerigirl

Healing spell gone wrong? Or just bad timing? :(

Post by budgerigirl »

Hi there. I'm quite new to spell-casting and pagan stuff but I've been reading up and done a few spells recently
Anyway... very sad to say my partner's dad passed away last night. He had cancer and had been told he had less than a year but became gravely ill last Wednesday and was in lots of pain in hospital since then. They were doing loads of tests/scans but weren't sure what was causing the pain, but they were saying he could die. Then yesterday they thought his condition might have been very slightly better but they were still not sure what was going on.
I decided to perform a healing spell (not with him but in my house) as I wanted him to be in less pain and to improve his condition.
It was a simple spell because it involved healing a very sick person so I thought I was being careful. It was based on a few other spells I had read about. I just burned a white candle and said I was drawing away negative energies from him to ease his suffering and help his condition. Then (as I had read about cinnamon being a healing spice, and fire releasing energy into the universe so it can go to where it's needed) I sprinkled some cinnamon in the flame and said I was sending out healing energy to help him. The little sparks even went upwards like little bits of energy going up.
So there wasn't much to it really; kept it simple.
Then we had a call late last night to say he had passed suddenly sometime in the evening. I know it was on the cards as he was seriously ill but part of me worries that my spell's way of helping ease his suffering might have been the path of least resistance. I did say my intent was to ease his suffering and improve his condition though, so thought I was being clear enough. I know it's probably just a bad timing situation and he would have gone anyway, and maybe my spell helped his pain while it was happening but I just wanted some advice of some kind from you more experienced witches.
EtherealMoonRose
Banned Member

Re: Healing spell gone wrong? Or just bad timing? :(

Post by EtherealMoonRose »

I'm very sorry for your and your partners loss.

Sadly, magick isn't a cure-all, especially for the mundane.

Yes I would agree that it was just bad timing and not something that you did 'wrong'. From my experience It usually takes a month (an entire lunar cycle) for a spell to work .

Sorry I probably haven't been of much help!

Sending warm blessings.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"
budgerigirl

Post by budgerigirl »

Thanks for your advice and kind words. You have been a help. That's made me feel a bit better. I know I'm just being a bit irrational about it because I'm upset but these thoughts do go through your head sometimes.
Bless you x
Red Ember

Post by Red Ember »

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I would not say that you did anything wrong. Sometimes things are just meant to be, even if we do not want them to be so.

If it was his time to go then maybe the way he did pass was a blessing and a healing.

I know these words may not help you at this time.

Sending healing thoughts to all of you.
If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter
budgerigirl

Post by budgerigirl »

Hi, sorry I only just saw your reply.
Thank you for your thoughts on the matter, it is a help to me.
I think I have got over my initial 'oh no - did I do something wrong!' fear now and am helping my partner through a difficult time.
I feel OK about the idea of continuing with my magical journey as well.
I really appreciate your kind words.
Blessings and light x
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

I see you've cleared your doubt. I would like to express condolences towards your partner and you. As this is very recent, both of you must be having a difficult time. Please be there for each other and take your time to heal.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My condolences on your loss. When we send out energy for healing someone, it becomes a gift to the recipient, and like any gift, it's theirs to use as they wish. In the case of a terminal illness, death is often the healing that is chosen. You provided a wonderful gift to your partner's father.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I'm so sorry for your loss budgerigirl. First of all, the principal objective of spell isn't that it will work according to anticipation. One must believe that as soon as the spell has been performed, one is answered for what has been requested. It may be asked, that at times the fulfillment of the request or petition isn't perceived. In fact, however, there are spells that work in a manner hidden from the petitioner.

Like your case for instance, your intent was to ease his suffering and improve his condition and this request was granted in perhaps through like Snow said, "death".

It's also true that if it was his time to go then you couldn't do anything about it anymore. I remember when a friend of mine was asked by a mutual friend to do a healing session to his Dad and when we went to his room, my healer friend saw his sicked Dad inside had no aura anymore (the aura is the life force that every living being has) and he refused to do the healing. For all practical purposes, therefore, he was already dead. Same thing with your partner's father. Possibly, he was already dead astrally or energetically when you performed the spell and you couldn't have prevented it.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”