Working w Saturn/Cronus

General questions and conversations about astrology.
dualhands

Working w Saturn/Cronus

Post by dualhands »

Hello everybody!

I recently have been studying about Saturn ( as its my ruling planet ) and Cronus ( by association )

I'm curious if anyone here has worked with Saturn or Cronus on a personal basis?
Or if anyone can tell me anything that would be pertinent to my studies.

Looking forward to see what you all have to share! :)
diligentibus te dilectio qua dilexisti me , sic fiat
corvidus

Re: Working w Saturn/Cronus

Post by corvidus »

Capricorn (ruled by Saturn) is my Ascending sign :)

Saturn has a very intense electromagnetic field; it surrounds and suffocates with vital force, and gives rise to putrefaction. If you're not used to the energy of Saturn, it can be very melancholic and depressing.

The biggest lesson I've learned is to purify myself often, and not to indulge too much in alcohol or other depressants. It's almost daily that I light Santo Palo or Sage and take in the incensed breath to wash away negativity I've collected. If you work with Saturn and you don't purify yourself often, even the smallest bit of negative energy can become compounded because of this "putrefactive force" and throw you out of balance.

My recommendation is to go about working with Saturn in a Saturnian way -- slow and steady. After all, it takes the planet 29 years to make one revolution around the Sun! (in astrology this is called Saturn's Return)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Not indulging too much in alcohol or other depressants is good advice in any case. There's truth to the saying "Everything in moderation." With chocolate though, I believe moderation needs a much more flexible definition.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I do not drink alcohol at all, haven't in almost 2 years :D

I absolutely understand the factor of saturn's energy, now that you mention it. I am very sensitive to negative energy and I find myself smudging my workspace quite often; as to wearing fluorite/obsidian/onyx often.

I read somewhere that a nice piece of meat, and barley is a good offering. I also have a old sickle from my grandfather ( who just so happens to embody all of saturn's qualities ) that I can use to represent Saturn/cronus. is anyone else aware of good offering to Saturn/cronus? I don't mind cooking steak for myself and offering a portion to the gods along with some barley. However a permanent outdoor altar is what I'm hoping to achieve. if anyone can point me in the direction of a good source of information that would be sweet!! I also plan on getting a few vials filled with lead pellets/shavings.

Looks like picking up a book on astrology and magickal correspondence is on my to-do list. As I would like to revolve major spells and rituals in alignment with the planets. I feel as though it would be more beneficial. Again, if anyone knows of a website that is a good source of information on astrology and magickal correspondence. It would be great to be sent in that direction!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Something with magnetite shavings might be a good idea too. I don't know if you have any plans to visit Great Sand Dunes National Park, but the gift shop there sells vials of magnetite granules that are gathered from the dunes. When Medano Creek is running high, black streaks in the sand can be seen as it washes down from the dune field.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

I'm sure I could probably procure some of that online. When I order my lead materials I'll make sure to look for that as well! Thanks for the great info snowcat! :D
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You would have more fun visiting the dunes in late May or early June, when Medano Creek is surging, but ordering online is probably a good option too. It's a five hour drive to get there from Denver, so from out of state would be an even farther commute.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Yes, from MA it would be quite the drive. I may have to put that on my "places to visit" list, as it sounds like a beautiful place to be!

It would be interesting having a new earthy element to play with as well :p
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The San Luis Valley in general is a bit of a paranormal and UFO hotspot. It's an ancient lake bed surrounded by the San Juans and Sangre De Cristos. I can't think of the name of the local volcanic field, but Mesita volcano and the ghost town of Mesita are about 65 miles south of the dunes. Farther down, just into New Mexico, is Captain Mountain. It's an extinct volcano. A trail goes down into the caldera. I find that kind of stuff fascinating. I may have missed my calling as a geologist.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

That sounds like a great trip!!

Now that you mention it ( the ufo and extraterrestrial sightings ) I believe I have watch several television episodes on discovery/history channel about this place. It's most definitely something I would be interested in experiencing. Even moer so with the volcano and ghost town being so close by!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

If you Google Mesita, Co, you can find a short film clip about it. It's also the town that I wrote about in my San Luis Valley thread.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
dualhands

Post by dualhands »

Yeah, I definitely need to visit there. Such an interesting looking place. It seems like it would be one of those places where you can feel the history all around you.

Back to the Saturn topic, I found some lead that I can use for significance of its metal correspondence. Now I need to find where I placed that sickle. That will make a good addition to an altar for Saturn. Need to order some magnetite as well!
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

Saturn is the embodiment of space and time within our physical universe. He is associated with death, as all living things must die when their time is up. Saturn is also associated with distances, as well as with limitations and restrictions. He is responsible for crystallizing energy into patterns and structures. Saturn often creates obstacles in our lives that will either limit or strengthen us. Saturn can be worked with to help us gain a better understanding of past traumas, as well as to come to terms with the naturalness of death. He can also be worked with for protective magic, as his ability to create constraints can block any negative energy that comes our way.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”