Coffee Altar Box Finished Portable Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Flamewood

Coffee Altar Box Finished Portable Altar

Post by Flamewood »

Awhile back I posted this http://bit.ly/1QSndkI tutorial for staining a wooden box with coffee, and promised to eventually post the finished mini-altar-in-a-box along with the approximate price it took to make. I'm not including the prices of herbs here as I already had those on hand, but this should work as a rough guide to how much something like this should cost. I got most of my stuff from the local dollar store.
So, here's the lil' thing;
In the jars, from left to right, are a mix of chamomile and rosemary, lavender, sea salt, and honey. The jars I got in a pack of six for 1.25$. The box itself was 2.50$.
I wanted something to use as a filling for the box, but I didn't like the dried moss they sold, and pebbles were too heavy.
I ended up getting a small ball of multi-toned (green, brown, and a kind of gold-ish colour) crimped yarn which I then cut into pieces about an inch long. That's what everything's sitting on. The yarn cost 2$. The nut in there was a couple pennies at a bulk store.
The candle was bought in a package of five for 1.25$.
So, all in all, for the cash-strapped among us, excluding the herbs and the nut the price I paid for this little thing was:
Jars, 1.25$+
Box, 2.50$+
Yarn, 2$+
Candles, 1.25$+
13% tax=
7.91$

There you have it; a little, portable thing (I use it when I'm doing something outside and don't want to lug my tools) for under ten bucks. Obviously this will vary from location to location; for reference, I'm in southern Ontario, Canada.
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Re: Coffee Altar Box Finished Portable Altar

Post by AdastraJunction »

If I may make a suggestion? I see you have a walnut... you can use the shell to make a mini offer box out of it by putting something shiny or even a small charm in it and wrapping it with a ribbon to keep it closed.
Flamewood

Re: Coffee Altar Box Finished Portable Altar

Post by Flamewood »

That's a really cool idea! I might do that. Thanks, AJ!

Return to “Altar Pictures”