Offerings

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
SirisDerp

Offerings

Post by SirisDerp »

I feel like this can be seen as a stupid question but I've been told so many different things. I know offerings are made on altars and during rituals, etc.

What do you do with those offerings afterwards? Especially with food and/or drink?

I've been told these offerings are more for its spiritual bits to be consumed and that its ok to ingest these things afterwards. I've also been told you bury it. There's a lot of conflicting information and wanted to see everyone's opinions.
KrystllineMoon

Re: Offerings

Post by KrystllineMoon »

I believe you can do either, as long as the offering isn't wasted. Whether the food/drink is nourishing you, an animal, or the soil, as long as the offering is disposed of respectfully, that's what matters.

To me, at least.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Siris, I think that it all depends on what you feel is the proper route to take it. My deities I work with have made it known to me what they prefer me to do, so perhaps you might want to meditate or use your means of contact to them to find out out what they may wish you to do with them? Otherwise, if there's one method that you feel is better than the other, I would trust your instinct.

KristllineMoon is correct, that respect is key as well and as long as you follow that as well as your intuition, I think you're just fine.

Also, KristllineMoon, welcome to EUTM! Head on over to the Member's Introduction forum and let us get to know you!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

Thank you everyone for their input! All responses were helpful, especially the links to past threads.

Return to “F.A.Q.”