Easy Homemade Natural Citrus Cleaner

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Easy Homemade Natural Citrus Cleaner

Post by Xiao Rong »

Recently my boyfriend and I have developed a fondness for clementines, and we always seemed to have a lot of leftover peels, so I got to looking for ways to use up those peels. I also like to clean my kitchen and stovetop with vinegar, and so I was really happy to stumble upon various recipes online for a citrus vinegar recipe that can clean my kitchen, smell great, and repel those pesky ants! Alura has previously posted a recipe for a similar vinegar solution.

Basically, all you need is a handful of citrus peels (any combination of lemon, orange, lime, clementine, grapefruit, etc.). You place them in a glass jar (I use a leftover salsa jar), fill it up to the top with white distilled vinegar, screw on the lid, and then leave it alone for at least 2 weeks. Afterwards, you strain out the peels, and voila! Homemade, natural citrus cleaner.

I mix about 1 part citrus vinegar with 2 parts water in a spray bottle and go to town. It will still smell strongly like vinegar, but with a nice citrus fragrance. Your cleaner will also carry some of the citrus oils that make it easier to clean surfaces and repel pests.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
cloverfox

Re: Easy Homemade Natural Citrus Cleaner

Post by cloverfox »

Oh, I love this idea! I've used just diluted vinegar to clean my floor but love citrus and will definitely look into making this!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”