N/A Witchcraft ?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: N/A Witchcraft ?

Post by loona wynd »

There are many solitary witches who self dedicate. A dedication is not an initiation. As a solitary witch following your own practice you can dedicate yourself to your Gods and what they ask of you. This is perfectly acceptable and is the practice that many solitary eclectic witches do to formalize their path and practices. I personally just performed such a rite myself. Well it was a rededication and reaffirmation but the idea is the same.

You do not need to be initiated to practice witchcraft of basically any sort. There are specific traditions of witchcraft which may be initiation based. Some of those traditions include Gardnerian, Alexandriean, Feri, various streams of 1734, Cabot, and the Temple tradition. Other local "trads" or covens may ask for an initiation. However it is not a requirement for most traditions. Unless you want to belong to a specific names tradition and known tradition you probably wont need an initiation of any sort.

You are still practicing a form of religious witchcraft. You are following your gods. You are listening to your spirit and doing your own thing. You as an eclectic witch have the ultimate freedom in your path and practices to do as you wish and be dedicated to no god or any god. You can work with the spirits you feel you;d like to. You can also follow any ethical, moral, and virtue based path or code you choose.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Sounds like you are eclectic. Same as me.

I dont really define my practice. I just do what Im called to do and work with who Im drawn to.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

AnaisStar wrote:Sounds like you are eclectic. Same as me.

I dont really define my practice. I just do what Im called to do and work with who Im drawn to.
Ditto.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

there s nothing wrong with choosing not to be wiccan; nobobody said u must be anything or label yourself.
*Blessed Be*
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Yep, another eclectic witch here. There are many of us, I believe.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Elcida wrote:Yep, another eclectic witch here. There are many of us, I believe.
Oddly enough I find that even witches who follow traditions, are eclectic in nature as they have practices from outside that tradition as well. Every witch has an eclectic path as we all make our own ways. No two witches ever follow the same path.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Kat wrote:there s nothing wrong with choosing not to be wiccan; nobobody said u must be anything or label yourself.
Well said. I am proud to say I am not a Wiccan. I have the utmost respect for the Wiccan religion (both the modern solitary and eclectic paths as well as the traditional paths) and it has formed the base of my practice. However there are elements in my practice that are clearly not Wiccan, and I do not worship the Lord and Lady of the Isles but five Gods and Goddesses in the religious practices of witchcraft.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I've found that majority of witches in the world are eclectic, if not in religion aspects, but in magical craft aspects.
AnaisStar wrote:I dont really define my practice. I just do what Im called to do and work with who Im drawn to.
I only define my practice when having conversations about specifics. That way context can be given.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

loona wynd wrote:
I've found that majority of witches in the world are eclectic, if not in religion aspects, but in magical craft aspects.
AnaisStar wrote:I dont really define my practice. I just do what Im called to do and work with who Im drawn to.
I only define my practice when having conversations about specifics. That way context can be given.
Yes, I think most witches are probably eclectic in some way or another.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”