Energy in Room

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
valerian moon

Energy in Room

Post by valerian moon »

I recently moved to a new house (by recently I mean this weekend) and set up my altar, intending to give it another go. It felt so much better and clearer than the old house. Then I realized the old room might be full of my own bad energy from my mental illness and self destructive habits and the good energy couldn't come through to me via the altar.
I'm so proud to have figured it out and to work out a solution, I will try to keep all my negative energy out of that room where the altar is set up.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
YanaKhan

Re: i understand why i wasnt able to commit before

Post by YanaKhan »

You can try a house - cleansing ritual too. Every house (or work place for that matter) needs cleansing every now and again. I am glad you figured it out and hope everything will be fine from now on.
Lunar Rose

Re: i understand why i wasnt able to commit before

Post by Lunar Rose »

I've been curious about cleansing a house recently too. I remember as a child my mum invited a cloaked man into the house who wandered around burning sage (it was all very exciting as a kid!) I feel that my house needs cleansing but my other half isn't aware of my beliefs and wouldn't approve of me burning sage. Are there any other (more subtle) ways to cleanse a house?
YanaKhan

Re: Energy in Room

Post by YanaKhan »

There are plenty rituals for cleansing your house without burning anything :) But if your other half is a Christian, you can always burn frankincense as it is commonly used in Christianity for purification. If not, try this - add some sage essential oil in a bucket of water and after you sweep the house, mop it with it. You could also try and charge the water beforehand. You could also draw a pentagram on the front door with essential oil. Sprinkle some salt on the threshold. Create a chant. Visualize white light coming into the house and removing any bad energy and filling your place with calmness and comfort.
Basically, just be creative. Ammonia is a good cleansing liquid. Combine it with sage oil, lavender oil for peace and love, spearmint for home protection and frankincense for purification (few drops of each in a bucket of water). A chant during cleansing is also a good idea.
Lunar Rose

Re: Energy in Room

Post by Lunar Rose »

Thanks, those are some great ideas! My other half is anti all religions, but he's not opposed to me doing some housework! I'll get cracking with the mop right away! :)

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”