Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Lover of War

Re: Imbolc

Post by Lover of War »

Thats pretty neat, Alura
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I took off of work so I could celebrate with my family. Not sure what I am going to make yet for dinner. I wish I had a green thumb so I could plant something but unfortuntely my thumb has always been black and I have never been able to properly plant a thing. So simply put just having dinner with the family to celebrate :) Oh and I will have some kind of candle ritual that evening myself as I am the only praciticing Pagan in the house lol.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

That seems fun :) and that sucks about the black thumb. Cool!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

OOOoo I jut made some nifty incense...I'm calling it "Brigid's Breath", it will be perfect for the rituals this weekend.
It has dragons blood resin, lavender flowers, and essential oil of lemon. Sweet! smiley_dance
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Fjäll1291

Post by Fjäll1291 »

This year I will have a good friend coming over to eat Swedish waffles :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fjäll1291 wrote:Swedish waffles :D
YUM!...Is that with sour cream and honey?! My grandfather was Swedish and he used to make these for us but I didn't know if they were specifically Swedish, but they were just delish!

Hi everyone I wanted to put this here ...I looked at tons of videos on how to make a Brigid's cross, and most speed right through the hard part...the very beginning. This wee child does a fine job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDUXepmNLY
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Fjäll1291

Post by Fjäll1291 »

firebirdflys wrote:
Fjäll1291 wrote:Swedish waffles :D
YUM!...Is that with sour cream and honey?! My grandfather was Swedish and he used to make these for us but I didn't know if they were specifically Swedish, but they were just delish!
I usually eat them with home made cloudberry jam.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

It's freezing cold here, and I couldn't find any reeds, so I used pipe-cleaners and made this Bridghed's Cross and hung it in the kitchen :D

I also plan to light some candles, make some hot chocolate, leave some offerings of bread outside for the little animals, light a fire, play some music, maybe write some poetry, and just take time to connect with the earth and hold on to the hope that spring is coming :)
I'm also going to leave a cloth out on the windowsill overnight and let it be charged by the quickening moon. I'll then use it to wrap my Tarot cards in, or something like that. It looks like I'm going to be really busy, However, I'm really excited! This is my first sabbat!!! :mrgreen:
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

Cleaning, broom cleansing the house, meditating by candle light and going to do some wish baking in the next few days :)
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

My Imbolc celebration spilled over into two days. I started prepping about a week ago by gettting rid of things in my house that are no longer useful to me. (Spring cleaning begins at Ostara! Wooo!) I planned out my ritual, which I will do today. We actually got a bit of snow yesterday, so I collected some of that to use in my ritual to banish winter as well as any negative energy that I want to get rid of.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Cool Nera, Tiss definitely a good time to begin the task of winter clean up.
I our tradition this is the beginning of the light half of the year.
We ended up doing a rain dance as part of the ritual,
later that day I settled in to watch the super bowl,
and the drops of moisture began to fall :fairy:
maybe better do it again, just wasn't quite enough. California is in the worst drought in over 100 years.
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
freemysoul

Post by freemysoul »

So being all new to this I decided to start out lightly. Yesterday for Imbolc I lit vanilla incense all over my house, cleaned all the day before and as well yesterday I lit a fire outside to celebrate the coming of light! Dedicated the fire to the Goddess, and as I stood, watching the very cloudy sky (which had been cloudy all day), it cleared to a brilliant beautiful blue! A sign from the Goddess :) just wanted to share :)

also, was this an okay start?
Blessings <3

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”