Homemade ACE Bandages

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Homemade ACE Bandages

Post by Xiao Rong »

[These are not the ones I made, but they come from the post that inspired me to make my own]

I was inspired to create some of these when one of my friends sprained his ankle and used my ACE bandage (and never returned it). For those of you know how to knit or crochet, it is just like making a scarf ... Typically I make mine 3 or 4 inches wide and 2.5 feet long (I single crochet), using a thinner white cotton yarn (Size D or E crochet hook). They're very stretchy, washable, breathable, secured with 2 safety pins. Somewhat bulkier than your commercially-available ACE bandage but equally serviceable ... and a great project if you need something mindless to do with your hands (I really like crocheting while watching TV).

Perfect for use as a compression bandage for sprains, pulled muscles, etc. (although I wouldn't recommend it for staunching blood or anything ... )
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Khaleesi

Re: Homemade ACE Bandages

Post by Khaleesi »

That's so creative! Awesome work! :)
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

That's a very nice idea. It would be cool to have one in pink lol. I'm sporting a splint & a bandage on my right hand because my washing machine decided it hated me & the lid slammed down on my right hand. Ouch! I broke my pinky & the knuckle right under it. This was on Wednesday.

I do wish I had a pink one! I've never quite had the coordination to crochet, although I've tried it.
Maybe I should pick it back up!
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Oh no, Pink - so sorry to hear that. I hope it heals fast!

The best part about this project that it's such a simple pattern (even for people like me, who can mostly just crochet potholders ... haha)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I wonder if these would turn out well on a knitting loom? I've got a set of round knitting looms and I think it might just be possible to make these on the small 4-1/2" diameter one. I'd like to suggest trying to make bandages with the Unforgettable line of yarn from Red Heart. I just made a scarf with some of this yarn and it's less bulky than the scarf I have that's made with typical medium weight yarn. ::coolglasses::
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:That's a very nice idea. It would be cool to have one in pink lol. I'm sporting a splint & a bandage on my right hand because my washing machine decided it hated me & the lid slammed down on my right hand. Ouch! I broke my pinky & the knuckle right under it. This was on Wednesday.

I do wish I had a pink one! I've never quite had the coordination to crochet, although I've tried it.
Maybe I should pick it back up!
Ouch! I wouldve cried so hard!
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

This is a great idea. I crochet, but I never would have thought of this. Great find.

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, that's a great idea! If I ever get around to learning to crochet again, I should totally do this! Love it!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”