Giveaways

If you have a suggestion or comment about the board you can share it here.
Pinkpower_80

Re: Giveaways

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown wrote:One of the regulars is out of town for 10 days so I am gonna wait to list the first one and get it really together.
Good idea! Firebird would probably hex us if we skipped her. :lol:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's very sweet of you, Pinkpower. Although some may think it's rude to exclude people under age 18, I would do the same thing if I were you. I once sent a pagan gift to a minor who helps on my FB page and it really worried me, although it turned out okay. You can't really believe a kid who tells you that their parents are okay with their occult path. Frankly, I would be very concerned if I had a teenager who was receiving gifts from someone I didn't know from an online witchcraft forum. It seems pretty sketchy from a parent's point of view. It also worries me that I might be held responsible if a parent gets angry because your giveaway is on my website.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

That sets my mind at ease a lot. I will post when I set it up that it's for over 18. I feel better now. :flyingwitch:
North Star

Post by North Star »

It is not rude at all, it is common sense!

I could use some lavender! lol

This is wonderful of you to do, Holdasown ♥ Blessings to you!
draguakale

Post by draguakale »

Thing is, it would still be a minor sheeting to a contract if you say you can't be held liable because you still could. You are the adult, you are the only one able to have anything for enforcement. You can get into a whole HUGE legal battle by giving stuff to minors. I personally wouldn't do it. You have no right to "force/coerce/swindle/et al" anyone's child except your own. And yes, while Wiccans don't do that, a parent might. And that us who can legally say it is ok for Johnny or Betty to learn about Wicca. Also, a bit selfish here, but I know I wouldn't want to give a kid just pissing off Mommy and Daddy having my stufsorry if this is messed up. Phone goes a little wacky. But very generous, and, I want some lavender too! Is it very fragrant? You know, we could do a "Freecycle" thing on here where we all could give away stuff.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

That free cycle idea is a great one! Do we have a trade/swap forum?
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Thank you!
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Couple of finishing touches and the first giveaway will be ready. I will post a pic with descriptions of what the items are. I will run it for 10 days. That gives everyone a chance. I am excited and glad everyone else is.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Holdasown wrote:Couple of finishing touches and the first giveaway will be ready. I will post a pic with descriptions of what the items are. I will run it for 10 days. That gives everyone a chance. I am excited and glad everyone else is.
Yay! This will be my first every giveaway participation!
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I received my package of goodies in the mail just a few minutes ago! I'm very very happy about it. Thank you so much Holdasown!
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

Congrats Pink! It's awesome that you won the prize. :flyingwitch:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Alura wrote:Congrats Pink! It's awesome that you won the prize. :flyingwitch:
Thank you :) It couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time. A dear friend of mine was killed in a car crash yesterday so I've been pretty out of it today. Receiving my gifts today made me smile & the lavender is helping me to de-stress a bit. I'll take pics of it all tomorrow.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I am off work next week to do Fall Cleaning and get my home in order. I will be posting the giveaway for October some time then. I will be going through my stuff and maybe making a few things. :flyingwitch:
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I have it all out to photograph and got really sick last night. I am trying not to get sick at work today. I will post the pic tonight and do the drawing on Halloween. Sorry it's taking so long. Stuff is going around the house the last week.

Return to “Suggestions/Comments”