My Poems & Short Stories

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
DPhoenix

My Poems & Short Stories

Post by DPhoenix »

Happily Ever After
written February 1, 2011

Once upon a time... because every story begins at some point in time upon history as that is how time works, there was a girl.

She was the child of the King so all the kingdom's wealth was at her fingertips. Unfortunately she was locked in the tallest tower of the castle.

With eyes as blue as the clear spring sky, she stared down over the kingdom waiting for her prince to rescue her... and try they did.

But the tower was too high and the quest too perilous. One by one they fell to the wayside.

The princess's heart grew heavy. Each day and night which passed, she grew lonelier and longed to escape her guilded prison which held her. Her family was sorely vexed, unable to aid the girl in her escape.

After many years of waiting, longing to be rescued the girl began to inspect her surroundings. She discovered the key that hung about her neck and laid over her heart fit the very lock to the door.

And there it was... her freedom. It was within her grasp but not at the hand of some dashing prince... at her own hand. This wasn't what she expected! This wasn't the way fairy tales were told... and so she hesitated.

She waited, determined to be saved the proper way. Afterall, a woman saving herself? What would the other ladies of the court say?

From her balcony she would call out and they would come yet none would be able to save her still. Oh the frustration! The disappointment of expectations projected!

Until one night it was finally enough. Under the light of the full moon she brandished the key to her freedom. Under the light of the full moon she unclasped the lock. Under the light of the full moon she escaped her prison and found her freedom.

Under the full moon she left her fear, her emptiness... discovering she already had everything she needed to live happily ever after... and she did... to the end of her days.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
DPhoenix

Re: My Poems & Short Stories

Post by DPhoenix »

The Lioness!
a tribute to Bastet
written July 9, 2011

Beneath this breast beats the heart of a lioness. A hunter, graceful, proud... hungry and on the prowl.

So many years wasted skulking in the shadows waiting for scraps left behind. No more! No more holding back my voice! No more holding back my power! No more fearing to hurt others in self defense!

Now I flex my muscles. Now I open my mouth to roar mightily. Now I take my rightful place, my birthright in this world.

Everything my heart desires falls at my feet. Wealth, prosperity, peace, success are all mine. Victory follows me. Every project ends prosperously. Every relationship serves my highest and best or is severed.

My very presence demands respect. Every word listened to. Every request fulfilled.

Beneath this breast beats the heart of a lioness... and now I rise!
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

Own Your Power
Raven's Message
written July 12, 2011

The Raven perched upon a tree
He caws and cackles down at me
Night and day, day and night
Never leaving or taking flight
"Own your Power!"

I turn my face up with a sigh
Always it's the same old cry
"I don't know how! I don't know why..."
Is my same old reply
"To own my power."

The Raven cackles and he laughs
Until he calls again at last
His voice growing into a blast
Growing louder, growing fast
"OWN YOUR POWER!"

So deep within my heart I search
The Raven shifts upon his perch
Upon a spindly upright birch
I feel within, something lurch
To own my power

Then comes the notion, comes the spark
Deep within my battered heart
The wisdom of ages does impart
As sharp as a piercing dart
Own your power

The power is not my own
It's not karma or seeds I've sewn
It's not verbose magicks or positive thoughts
It is not potions cooked in pots
To own my power

My power comes from the Divine
The one who spans all space and time
Prayer, faith and love in all I do
My highest for me, my highest for you
I have owned my power
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

The Noble Warrior
Tribute to Morrigan
written April 20, 2013

Hold your head high for you are a noble warrior anointed by the ancients. You are the keeper of truth and justice. You bring hope to those in despair.

Beware, lest your lips betray you.

Take heed, lest your footsteps lead you down the path of trouble.

Keep company with others of honor and respect lest you be treated dishonorably.

Help your fallen comrades to their feet once more.

Do things because they are the right thing to do, not for gain.

Watch your pride, for it is a bitter thing to swallow.

Be not a martyr for the sake of pity but for a worthy cause.

Forgive for you are benevolent and fair.

Remember lest you forget the hard lessons. Pity the malignant for their punishment is their own existence.

Walk with dignity, Noble Warrior, for this day you have good to do and happiness is your reward.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

The Phoenix
written April 30, 2013

As the sun begins to dawn, I lift my face to the light, gently shaking ash from my newly formed body. With a leap and spread of my wings I take flight. A cloud of dust in my wake.

I fly over the earth bringing warmth and light to those in need. Some seek to harm me but I am born of Love and Light, the likes of which no mortal can harm.

The sun sets I return to my nest. As the last rays of light fall behind the horizon I burst into flames. The anguish is necessary to purify and rid me of the negativity of this world... to remove the anger, hate, jealousy and fear. The world grows cold, only a smoldering carcass remains.

As the sun begins to dawn, I lift my face to the light once more, gently shaking ash from my newly formed body.

So it is and so shall it ever be...
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire

Return to “Poetry”