How to Make Protein Bars

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Kassandra

How to Make Protein Bars

Post by Kassandra »

Note: really loud music in the intro, lol. The actual recipe is displayed at the very end, if you
want to write it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv-LcIC5gtc
I like to put the chocolate with the dry ingredients, so they stay chocolate chips, not melt them
down. This is an easy recipe to make. You can improvise it (add stuff, etc.). Good for snacks you
can take with you (or for the kids on a long road trip).

scaravich

Re: How to Make Protein Bars

Post by scaravich »

Oh, those are awesome! As a vegetarian, protein can be scarce, and you end up eating a limited variety of foods to make sure you're getting it... so it's always good to find something else to use. I like to have little things like this as a snack, and they'd be very customizable for people who don't like sweets as much too :)

Thanks for the link/video :D
Kassandra

Re: How to Make Protein Bars

Post by Kassandra »

scaravich wrote:they'd be very customizable
You're welcome. Yes, you could put any assortment of dried fruit, nuts, etc. in them, quite "customizable."

Also, I like mine a tad bit more cakey, so I include about 1/4 cup (I really have to learn metric measurements; I'm tired of using the Old English system when the entire rest of the world is metric --England doesn't even use it anymore! lol) of flour of some sort (I've experimented with flax flour, almond flour, etc. rather than wheat flour, for the extra protein), and a little bit of baking powder (about 1/2 teaspoon) to make the bars "rise" just a little.

As a vegetarian, also check out quinoa and chia seeds for superfood-type nutrition (if you haven't already; if so, disregard this note). They are excellent nutrition sources, and extremely easy to incorporate into pretty much any meal or snack (they can go stealth), in fact, you could incorporate either or both into these bars now that I think of it (hey, I think I'll do that!), and there are plenty of ideas and recipes for them online.

Return to “Food and Recipes”