Tarot reading...

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Bellia_Arian

Tarot reading...

Post by Bellia_Arian »

I'm gonna take a guess here and say my reading wasn't so good....I won't post what I asked, but I will post what it showed. Maybe someone can explain it to me because I'm seeing it as NOT good.

The top left card represents the first possible outcome. Nine of Artifacts (Pickman's Model): Debilitating mental anguish or ill health. Being dragged down by the dishonor of others. Participation in a shameful or regrettable act. Inescapable guilt, mistrust, and doubt. May indicate a death or other catastrophic loss.
Click for Details The top right card represents the second possible outcome. Six of Tomes (Libre d'Eibon), when reversed: Arrogance and dangerous overconfidence as the result of a past success. Impudence and false pride in meaningless achievements. Fear of failure coupled with false hopes. Frustration over indefinite delays and motion without progress.
Click for Details The middle left card represents the force drawing you towards the first possible outcome. King of Sites (Arkham), when reversed: The dark essence of earth behaving as air, such as a diamond: An unyielding businessman, with a gift for identifying weakness and exploiting it for personal gain. One well informed about material affairs, but ignorant of larger, more pressing issues. A blind devotee of business as usual, unconcerned with the unintended results, and contemptuous of new ideas. A person full of greed and avarice, easily corrupted by luxury or the temptations of the flesh.

The middle right card represents the force drawing you towards the second possible outcome. Azathoth: Fearlessness, imagination, open-mindedness, and an adventurous spirit. Freedom from cares and worries. Ideas, thoughts, and impulses coming from a completely unexpected place. Nonchalance at the threshold of gaining all or losing all. Extravagance and intoxication with life. The pure and undifferentiated power of creation itself, where ultimate knowledge and oblivion are unified.

The bottom card represents the critical factor that decides what will come to pass. Ghoul: A major change or transformation, possibly traumatic and unexpected. Freedom from the shackles of the past. A new beginning. Death coupled with rebirth, usually related to consciousness and lifestyle.
"Let your courage mount with difficulties.
There would be no will if there were no resistance."
Violet

Re: Tarot reading...

Post by Violet »

This sounds interesting! Is this the Lovecraft Tarot? I am going to do some research on your reading. I'll let you know my thoughts on it once I take a closer look.
Bellia_Arian

Post by Bellia_Arian »

Ok thanks, I haven't a clue as to what it means lol...sounded bad to me and yes it was the lovecraft Tarot.
"Let your courage mount with difficulties.
There would be no will if there were no resistance."
Violet

Post by Violet »

Bellia_Arian wrote:Ok thanks, I haven't a clue as to what it means lol...sounded bad to me and yes it was the lovecraft Tarot.

Here is my interpretation of your reading.

Death (Ghoul) in the sense of a major life change will create a point of decision for you. This could imply a separation, the end of a relationship or job, leaving behind a home or something quite familiar to you.

Your left-hand path has a male force, and male/female energies combined, making me think this outcome implies a relationship or a dominating male figure, in the reversed King of Pentacles. My first impression of this path was a strong, capable person (Nine of Wands) being held down by a shallow, unenlightened boor. The Nine of Wands shows a balance of energy between male and female forces. It might even imply a rehabilitation of this shallow, more banal reversed King force. But it does show a lot of struggle, a lot of perseverance necessary, and an emergence of deepened character.

Your right-hand path is a more isolated path. It shows you progressing to a state of emptiness (The Fool), preceded by major change. The Six of Swords reversed is a card about your mental state. It heralds loneliness, difficulty moving independently, confusion and contradiction. If you move toward this outcome, seek advice and help from others/experts about your feelings related to the aforementioned change/transformation, or you could get stuck and frustrated.

I don't think this is a bad reading, but it is pointing out some challenges for you. Every choice does have advantages and disadvantages, and it's good to know what you're getting into.

Return to “General Divination”