The Love of the Priest and Priestess

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

This is a poem I have always found quite moving.

"You many come to them for a few moments then go away and do whatever you will; their love is unchanging.
You may deny them to themselves or to yourself, then curse them to any who will listen; their love is unchanging.
You may become the most despised of creatures, then return to them; their love is unchanging.
You may become the enemy of the gods themselves, then return to them; their love is unchanging.
Go where you will; stay however long you will and come back to them; their love is unchanging.
Abuse others; abuse yourself; abuse them and come back to them; their love is unchanging.
They will never criticize you; they will never minimize you; they will never fail you; because to them you are everything and they themselves are nothing.
They will never deceive you; they will never ridicule you; they will never fail you, because to them you are God/Goddess - nature, to be served and they are your servants.
No matter what befalls you, No matter what you become, They await you always.
They know you; They serve you; They love you.
Their love for you, in a changing world, is unchanging.
Their love, beloved, is unchanging."

This is a poem out of Raymond Bucklands Complete Book of WItchcraft page 54
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: The Love of the Priest and Priestess

Post by JBRaven »

This passage always makes me cry. It is beautiful and I try to live my life by this. Just beautiful.

Return to “Poetry”