The Necronomicon: Pure darkness

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
nature_in_control

The Necronomicon: Pure darkness

Post by nature_in_control »

Hi everybody!

I am posting this here to warn people of the infamous writings of The Necronomicon or "Book of dead names" as some refer to it as. This book is as sinister as the name implies, and lovecraft may have had a visit from a prophet named alhrazed, the mad prince. The spells contained in this book are mainly invocations for dark entities, and as I say it's name, I get a chill run down my spine. I have viewed this text, and it isn't pleasant, so take this advice if you do read it: bad things have hapenned to the many who have cast such spells, most cases fatal. Please do not call me insane! The spells contained in this book are the darkest spells ever written, and should never be used under any circumstances, for the old ones are oh so real, and will not only take your time, they will take your sanity.

thank you for reading,

James
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: The Necronomicon: Pure darkness

Post by Lost_Demise »

I've never even herd of that book... ^^;;Though unless I know what it's about really I wont really judge it.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

The Necronomicon is false.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I'll take your word for it.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

It's a fake. This is all actually out of a Lovecraft novel. The fantasy/horror-authors at that time had fun to link to other books of them. So they created a myth and referenced it in many of their books so to make it seem more real. It was done back than like it's done today. Where for special films you set up some fake websites, probably some news, some fake youtube videos and then let the crowd spread the word. It makes it feel more real and in some genres like horror, the more real it seems the better it works.
nature_in_control

Post by nature_in_control »

I would just like to point out that lovecraft's works came from his nightmares, which he had for many years.
~*nature_in_control*~

"I am not here to bring light to a world of darkness, but rather choose to represent darkness in a world blinded by light~"
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

This rather makes you a psychopath, someone with a mental illness and is no proof for any mediumship. And still, you can read it up, the authors at that time decided to make fun of all the people. Obviously there are still succesful.
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

nature_in_control wrote:Hi everybody!

I am posting this here to warn people of the infamous writings of The Necronomicon or "Book of dead names" as some refer to it as. This book is as sinister as the name implies, and lovecraft may have had a visit from a prophet named alhrazed, the mad prince. The spells contained in this book are mainly invocations for dark entities, and as I say it's name, I get a chill run down my spine. I have viewed this text, and it isn't pleasant, so take this advice if you do read it: bad things have hapenned to the many who have cast such spells, most cases fatal. Please do not call me insane! The spells contained in this book are the darkest spells ever written, and should never be used under any circumstances, for the old ones are oh so real, and will not only take your time, they will take your sanity.

thank you for reading,

James
So I should just delete it off my hard drive?(I have a digital copy of it).
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

You have? I always thought there are so many different versions, cause originally it didn't existed. But a lot of fans wrote something, some got popular, were handed out and so on. I thought there is not just one Necronomicon, but many different ones. But if you don't have the orginal which is written on the human skin. You won't go mad from your hard drive :)
Teaca

Post by Teaca »

Traumwandlerin wrote:You have? I always thought there are so many different versions, cause originally it didn't existed. But a lot of fans wrote something, some got popular, were handed out and so on. I thought there is not just one Necronomicon, but many different ones. But if you don't have the orginal which is written on the human skin. You won't go mad from your hard drive :)
-Wipes forehead- Thats a relief lol. If you want a copy of it I could send a zip folder of it to your email.
merry meet, merry part, until we meet again blessed be
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Thanks, but I'm really not interested. I guess I have one or two different copies, since I once downloaded a huge "magick"-library. Most of it was crap, some very good articles and books and surely one or two Necronomican. But I will definately read it, if I ever read the Lovecraft books.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I just saw it on sale for like £140 0_0
I don't think so ... much more of a reason NOT to buy it if you ask me :lol:
xx
path of the shaman

Post by path of the shaman »

i'm only familiar with only two versions of the necronomicon. one is called the simon necronomicon. the other that was written recently by occultist donald tyson.
the simon version is mixed with summerian myths and legends with the names of h.p. love craft's old ones .
the other the tyson version is drawn from the books of lovecraft. and mixed with ideas of other occult works. and misindentifys the old ones with deities of the world. never tried any of the rituals though. just like reading them for entertainment.
Asch

Post by Asch »

Lovecraft wrote the Necronomicon for a laugh, it's an anagram of Moron. It's NOT real.

That said, if people want to follow/worship with it so be it. But, in and of itself, it isn't a thing of evil or a doorway or anything else, it's just a book.
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Lynxy Bloom

Post by Lynxy Bloom »

I heard something interesting on the Necronomicon book, I don't know if it's true or not, and I'd rather not find out, but I'd like to share this and see what you all think... I was told that if you have a true copy of the Necronomicom and try to dispose of it, it will reappear on yourshelf the next morning. I thought it sounded alot like the whole ordeal like throwing away a Ouija board and it reappears on your doorstep, but I've heard that to be false. What do you think?

Return to “Book Reviews”