How to make a pendant out of a gem without using wire

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Traumwandlerin

How to make a pendant out of a gem without using wire

Post by Traumwandlerin »

So I wanted to make a pendant out of my mountain crystal, but I had no wire, no tools and no experience. I just used the recipe forplasticine. I formed a small wire-shaped plasticine, layed it around the gem, then I formed a little bulb and put a knitting needle in it, so I'll be able to put a string or a necklace through. Then I let it dry for a few days. Now it's hard, but still a bit bendy. The plasticine doesn't glued itself to the stone, so I can still move it and there is no dirt on the stone. Of course you can use water to cleanse your pendant though but use fire and smoke most anyways ;)

The finished work looks like this. I worked about 5 minutes and let it dry about a week.But of course I already had the plasticine in the fridge.

Jadis

Re: How to make a pendant out of a gem without using wire

Post by Jadis »

OOOOh thats a fantastic idea. I like how you formed the plasticine around the gem.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Oh, and I found an important typo -.- Of course you can't cleanse it with water. The material is not waterproof.
alondrianstargazer22

Post by alondrianstargazer22 »

Thanks for the tip i've been trying to figure out ways to make pendants without wire. 2 questions though. 1) do you think you can add food coloring so you can have many different colors. 2) Where exactly is plasticine found where is a good place to buy it.
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

wire is easier and doesnt break off. u dont HAVE to use wire or anything else, u can have a plain pendant by drilling a hole through the stone where u wont the string to go right.. im sorry but the pitcure it just looks silly =/ looks like u dropped it in whipped cream and licked it in a spiral =/ also ur string has plastacine suggesting its messy. thanks for sharing but i dislike it =/

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”