Oracle Card Questions

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
mamma bear

Oracle Card Questions

Post by mamma bear »

So I have a couple new Oracle decks. I have always been told that for Tarot cards you should not do a reading for your spouse. Is this actually true and if so is it the same rules for Oracle cards?

Also is it an ok practice to read for someone that actually hasn't asked for it? I guess I should give some back ground....One of my decks is for healing and I wanted to do a reading for my husband who has had some dental surgery and one for my mother who has recently had a very serious surgery. So if i can't do an actual reading for them then I may word my intention for what I need to know to help them heal instead of what they need to know. ....thanks in advance for any insight.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Ravencry

Re: Oracle Card Questions

Post by Ravencry »

I think for healing, that shouldn't be a problem. When it comes to Tarot, the reason some do not read for a spouse is because they could have something in their past that they do not wish you to see (rape, abuse, neglect). With healing oracle cards, I think your fine. If they are any other kind of oracle cards, I don't suggest it. You might find something your spouse didn't want you to see....
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

Ok great thanks.
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I always thought not reading for relatives is the same as not do surgery on relatives or not do hypnosis on them. Cause your personal feelings interfer to much. You must first get your skills elsewhere so you've learnt to not let your feelings interfer.

Return to “General Divination”