Then Comes Marraige...But Where?

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
InHonorOfHecate

Then Comes Marraige...But Where?

Post by InHonorOfHecate »

Okay, we all want to get married (at some point in our life, admit it lol) but when it comes to same-sex marriage, just where are we supposed to get legally married? Connecticut, Canada, um... and WHERE else? Like 4 other states, and that leaves only, oh, 44 states. Why can't we just legally get married anywhere? It's not like we're monsters, for crying out loud :evil: ! If we want to get married it should be legal. Opinions will be appreciated.
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

Well, I'm fine with it except for one problem... if we make it legal, and you go to get married, and then suddenly the priest is like 'whoaaa hold on, im not marrying you, im not for gays, thats against my religion' and then suddenly your standing at the alter like 'well its a law that you have to marry us' and then the priest comes back with 'well its going against my religious beliefs and thats a law too' So it be freedom of religion vs freedom of marriage. And they would both be amendments, so courts cant do anything about either of the situations. It would be a mess.
Zili

Post by Zili »

not every marriage is proceeded over by a priest. I understand what you are saying though. However there are justices of the peace that would be more than willing to perform the ceremony if it were legal.

it is religion and society keep those of same sex relationships from getting married. looked down upon because its not the social norm, looked down upon because according to the bible its an abomination. Our government in America is based on religion and what society views as normal, nothing will change unless people start accepting everyone for their differences.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

This will be legalized in your lifetime.

Do not allow your anger and frustration to be wasted. Channel this energy into spell work for change to come quicker.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
InHonorOfHecate

I can see it from you're points of view, and I didn't think about spells. Thank you all for the advice and opinions.

Blessed be! :)
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

There would be a lack of priests that would marry same-sex couples but I think there would be priests you could pay to fly to different states you want to get married in if it was legal in all the states (as it should be). We should have more options on where to get married. =)
InHonorOfHecate

It really should be legal in all states.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

There is no shortage of state licensed ministers and priests willing to marry gay people. I personally know a whole bucket load of them. It costs about a $100 to get ordained depending on the organisation. Maybe you could/should get ordained Inhonorofhecate...
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Scorched4life

Post by Scorched4life »

you could just go to the courthouse and get married. XD seriously.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”