what are the conditions inorder for a spell to be effective?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
riri205

what are the conditions inorder for a spell to be effective?

Post by riri205 »

i know a few chanting spells that are chant let alone but im not sure if they will be so effective if i just say it. what should i do? im new at this. O_o
)O( Krystal Raven )O(

Post by )O( Krystal Raven )O( »

In order to create sacred space, you must first summon/welcome/invoke the elements. Fire/Air/Water/Earth/Spirit. Once you have acknowledged each aspect of Creation, call on your higher powers to help you with your work. When you begin to use a chant for the first time, repeat it over and over aloud many times to feel its rhythm and energy. Once you are finished chanting, thank each element for being a witness and thank all forces involved for helping you create this powerful energy. This is the simplest method of casting a circle of majikal intention before ritual/spells/incantations..... blessed is your sacred work upon the earth!
)O( May the Cosmica known unto us by millions of names bless you with the ecstasy of Her Bliss. Namaste. )O(
riri205

Post by riri205 »

)O( Krystal Raven )O( wrote:In order to create sacred space, you must first summon/welcome/invoke the elements. Fire/Air/Water/Earth/Spirit. Once you have acknowledged each aspect of Creation, call on your higher powers to help you with your work. When you begin to use a chant for the first time, repeat it over and over aloud many times to feel its rhythm and energy. Once you are finished chanting, thank each element for being a witness and thank all forces involved for helping you create this powerful energy. This is the simplest method of casting a circle of majikal intention before ritual/spells/incantations..... blessed is your sacred work upon the earth!

thankyou. will this also work if im just a witch because im not a wiccan? i dont really believe in a god/ess (atheist) :/
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

ahhhh you have been fooled by wicca! wicca is not the only, in fact it is probably the smallest path of paganism.

There are many here who are not wiccans, i know Crystal Raven is not wiccan, i am not wiccan.

Paganism (i consider myself a pagan) is a group of religions and beliefs that usually involve a love for the earth/nature, a belief in magick, the afterlife and psychic energy (or witchcraft) and a belief that there is more than we see.

wicca is a tiny, tiny religion inside paganism that sprang up 50 years ago and IMHO is weak. But thats opinion... What is fact is that wicca is not the only pagan religion, indeed it is the youngest and shallowest. It teaches to ignore the dark side of the world, to turn your back.. I am not saying you should curse people but if a curse is the best way to resolve a situation i would not hesitate.

Anyhoo... witches can be pretty much anyone, some claim to be christian witches which is just a lie (accept it, if you are christian you MUST kill witches, it is in the bible that you so dearly love, if you dont kill witches you arent a true christian you just use it as an excuse to try to get into "heaven"....) However, a non-pagan can perform witchcraft, as can a wiccan, a druid, a shaman or, like me, a plain old, cold pagan.

I do not believe in any gods or goddesses and it isnt a requirement to magick. Realise that the energy is all around us, it isnt alive like a god or goddess but it is there, much like the air is. All magick does is uses that energy by pulling it in, forming it, giving it a purpose or an instruction and firing it off out into the world. Anyone can do this, christian, jew, muslim etc... they call it prayer, we call it witchcraft. All the same except instead of asking we TELL the universe what to do ;)

In short, you do not need to be wiccan at all, read up on pagan beliefs, druidry, shamanism, voo-doo, wicca... are all forms of paganism. IMHO if you believe in magick, afterlife and that there is more than meets the eye then you can consider yourself pagan.

The conditions for a spell to work are simple, you need to believe you can do it. It sounds silly, but think of a hypnotist, if you try laying yourself across two chairs and being perfectly straight you will fail every time. But if a hypnotist tells you that you can do it, and you believe him somehow your body manages to do it, purely because you believe you have the strength. Same goes for magick, essentially... There is the energy component though... like i said, magick is energy. Imagine it like air, only it exists out in space too and all around and inside solid rock, the sun etc... everywhere. What we need to do is take that energy, concentrate it and send it out. google "Raising magickal energy" and you should get a few results.

If it mentions the god and goddess realise that all the wiccans and others are doing is taking the energy, splitting it and calling one part the god, and the other part the goddess. Those two parts of the energy are then given male and female attributes by the witch. They are not the god and goddess, and yet they "feel" like the god and goddess because the caster has sort of told the energy what to "feel" like... make sense? All you need to do is ignore those parts really!
riri205

Post by riri205 »

shadowx wrote:ahhhh you have been fooled by wicca! wicca is not the only, in fact it is probably the smallest path of paganism.

There are many here who are not wiccans, i know Crystal Raven is not wiccan, i am not wiccan.

Paganism (i consider myself a pagan) is a group of religions and beliefs that usually involve a love for the earth/nature, a belief in magick, the afterlife and psychic energy (or witchcraft) and a belief that there is more than we see.

wicca is a tiny, tiny religion inside paganism that sprang up 50 years ago and IMHO is weak. But thats opinion... What is fact is that wicca is not the only pagan religion, indeed it is the youngest and shallowest. It teaches to ignore the dark side of the world, to turn your back.. I am not saying you should curse people but if a curse is the best way to resolve a situation i would not hesitate.

Anyhoo... witches can be pretty much anyone, some claim to be christian witches which is just a lie (accept it, if you are christian you MUST kill witches, it is in the bible that you so dearly love, if you dont kill witches you arent a true christian you just use it as an excuse to try to get into "heaven"....) However, a non-pagan can perform witchcraft, as can a wiccan, a druid, a shaman or, like me, a plain old, cold pagan.

I do not believe in any gods or goddesses and it isnt a requirement to magick. Realise that the energy is all around us, it isnt alive like a god or goddess but it is there, much like the air is. All magick does is uses that energy by pulling it in, forming it, giving it a purpose or an instruction and firing it off out into the world. Anyone can do this, christian, jew, muslim etc... they call it prayer, we call it witchcraft. All the same except instead of asking we TELL the universe what to do ;)

In short, you do not need to be wiccan at all, read up on pagan beliefs, druidry, shamanism, voo-doo, wicca... are all forms of paganism. IMHO if you believe in magick, afterlife and that there is more than meets the eye then you can consider yourself pagan.

The conditions for a spell to work are simple, you need to believe you can do it. It sounds silly, but think of a hypnotist, if you try laying yourself across two chairs and being perfectly straight you will fail every time. But if a hypnotist tells you that you can do it, and you believe him somehow your body manages to do it, purely because you believe you have the strength. Same goes for magick, essentially... There is the energy component though... like i said, magick is energy. Imagine it like air, only it exists out in space too and all around and inside solid rock, the sun etc... everywhere. What we need to do is take that energy, concentrate it and send it out. google "Raising magickal energy" and you should get a few results.

If it mentions the god and goddess realise that all the wiccans and others are doing is taking the energy, splitting it and calling one part the god, and the other part the goddess. Those two parts of the energy are then given male and female attributes by the witch. They are not the god and goddess, and yet they "feel" like the god and goddess because the caster has sort of told the energy what to "feel" like... make sense? All you need to do is ignore those parts really!

ohhh thankyou. this has been veryy helpful. and i do consider myself a pagan. i have believed in magik, the afterlife and more than meets the eye for awhile now. i just need to practice raising energy. :/
riri205

Post by riri205 »

hmmm i do have another question.. i am atheist can i be a pagan atheist? or is there no such thing? just like you said about christian people :/
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

Riri205 I completely disagree with Shadowx by the way. I will however agree that Wicca is the shallow newcomer.

Actually the word "Pagan" was made up by the Roman Catholic Church. It refers various polytheistic, non-Abrahamic religious traditions. An atheist belongs to no religion and believes there are no deities. Since pagans believe in deities, it is impossible to be an atheist and a pagan.

I believe that magic does not come from energy. As a Voodoo practitioner, I believe that magic comes from Spirits that we must interact with through rituals. We use these rituals to tell the spirits what we want, and they go use their spirit powers to do what we ask (if they feel like it).

"IMHO if you believe in magick, afterlife and that there is more than meets the eye then you can consider yourself pagan." - This is untrue. Technically to be a pagan one must be a member of one of the religions the Catholic Church labeled as a "pagan" religion. I practice original Voodoo, I believe in magic and the afterlife, however I am a Roman Catholic by day (like a lot of Voodoo believers). That makes me a Christian.

Also note in Christianity that the anti-magic stuff is in the Old Testament. The New Testament is a new covenant and therefore it over rides the old, thus making way for the possibility of Christian Witches.

Riri205, there's so many views out there that you should study magic and not just what you hear us say. We don't all agree on anything. If you want 20 opinions ask 20 of us, and we will all tell you something different.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

the biggest tool for you will be to develop the discernment to find truth in a sea of opinions.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
UnderTheMoon

Post by UnderTheMoon »

Pardon my young young, very young opinion of only 2 weeks of reading. But I think Magick is basically science.

Think of it this way, the wireless technology we have. These wireless signals are everywhere and these signals are programmed with information. So when the devices receive them, we can view these information.

The human body communicates each parts of the body using electricity. In other words, we are like a lightning rod. I am pretty sure the human body conducts electricity too, I mean there are people we get strike by lightning right?

Try rubbing your hands together, you feel heat. This is proof that the human body can produce energy too. And since energy from wireless technology and be "programmed." I am sure energy from the human body can be programmed to do things as well.

Just my 2 cents.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

riri205 wrote:hmmm i do have another question.. i am atheist can i be a pagan atheist? or is there no such thing? just like you said about christian people :/
You can be completely atheist and still be pagan or rather practice witchcraft.

The only thing you need for magick to work is intent and will. You don't need to invoke anything or call upon anything but the power within yourself. This is all I do, and I've never had a problem. Now some bigger things need more to help you focus your energy, but for a lot of things, things like chanting or even focusing your intent and thinking will work.

As for needing to call upon the elements, we are all apart of the elements, we are all a spirit and in a way, all gods(IMO), and we don't need to call upon anything but ourselves unless you feel the need to otherwise. But like I said, this is my opinion.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Kaimira

Post by Kaimira »

hi there,

i am going to be honest you do have to believe godess or a god, i was coverted roman cathlic. i do believe in the goddess and god because they bless us and protect us. I know you love being a pagan, you have to go down that road your self no one can make you do that.
The shinning light is the way to path of creation
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

UnderTheMoon wrote:Pardon my young young, very young opinion of only 2 weeks of reading. But I think Magick is basically science.

Think of it this way, the wireless technology we have. These wireless signals are everywhere and these signals are programmed with information. So when the devices receive them, we can view these information.

The human body communicates each parts of the body using electricity. In other words, we are like a lightning rod. I am pretty sure the human body conducts electricity too, I mean there are people we get strike by lightning right?

Try rubbing your hands together, you feel heat. This is proof that the human body can produce energy too. And since energy from wireless technology and be "programmed." I am sure energy from the human body can be programmed to do things as well.

Just my 2 cents.
The human body does conduct electricity, all living things do to some point, as we are basically bio-machines.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
akumaxkami

Post by akumaxkami »

Guardian Wolf wrote:Riri205 I completely disagree with Shadowx by the way. I will however agree that Wicca is the shallow newcomer.

Actually the word "Pagan" was made up by the Roman Catholic Church. It refers various polytheistic, non-Abrahamic religious traditions. An atheist belongs to no religion and believes there are no deities. Since pagans believe in deities, it is impossible to be an atheist and a pagan.

I believe that magic does not come from energy. As a Voodoo practitioner, I believe that magic comes from Spirits that we must interact with through rituals. We use these rituals to tell the spirits what we want, and they go use their spirit powers to do what we ask (if they feel like it).

"IMHO if you believe in magick, afterlife and that there is more than meets the eye then you can consider yourself pagan." - This is untrue. Technically to be a pagan one must be a member of one of the religions the Catholic Church labeled as a "pagan" religion. I practice original Voodoo, I believe in magic and the afterlife, however I am a Roman Catholic by day (like a lot of Voodoo believers). That makes me a Christian.

Also note in Christianity that the anti-magic stuff is in the Old Testament. The New Testament is a new covenant and therefore it over rides the old, thus making way for the possibility of Christian Witches.

Riri205, there's so many views out there that you should study magic and not just what you hear us say. We don't all agree on anything. If you want 20 opinions ask 20 of us, and we will all tell you something different.
Not quite true. The word Pagan was originally meant to describe "country-dwellers", bumpkins, non-religious folk, AND those following non-Abrahamic traditions. They pretty much called anyone who wasn't a believer of God a pagan or a heathen.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I think the definition of "pagan" is empty, to be honest, at first it probably did describe any non christian, and then it included nature worship, witchcraft and so on until essentially it means everyone. Due to that i add my own definition which is essentially anyone practising a nature based religion which encompasses an afterlife of any sort and a belief in psychic energy/magick.

I am an atheist, a god or a goddess cannot possibly exist in this universe, it makes no logical sense. The only rational way it can happen is if a strong witch died and became a strong spirit who then gained more power and called him/herself a god/goddess. But the standard definition of a god or goddess cannot possibly exist.

"Magick is science" ;) you the man (or woman!)

Go back 1000 years, take two walkie talkies and demonstrate their use to an ancient tribe or village... you would be called a witch and your walkie talkies would be called magick boxes. Why? Because the tribe does not understand it. Science is the stuff we have theories for, the stuff we understand. Magick is the stuff we have *opinions* about, things we *dont* understand.

One day magick will be understood. As it stands science already knows that much of the universe is undetectable aside from its gravitational pull. They call it dark matter. Science also knows there must be dark energy, expanding the universe.... Two things that are there but cant be seen, felt, smelt.... Sounds a lot like magickal energy and planes of existence to me...

Make your own mind up.
The only thing you need for magick to work is intent and will. You don't need to invoke anything or call upon anything but the power within yourself. This is all I do, and I've never had a problem. Now some bigger things need more to help you focus your energy, but for a lot of things, things like chanting or even focusing your intent and thinking will work.
Well said!
I believe that magic comes from Spirits that we must interact with through rituals
At first your beliefs sounded different to my own, but in fact they are very similar, i believe that we use our own spirit or soul as a tool to use the energy around us, you believe that we must ask another spirit to do the job for us. So we both believe that energy is magick, but you add another step.

I know little of voodoo however... if a "dead" spirit can perform the magick then why cant you do it directly? Because all we are while living is, IMHO, a spirit operating a body. Once we die we stay as a spirit but we let the body go. So.... You are the same as the spirits you deal with except you have a body while theirs was dropped long ago, hence if they can manipulate energy, so can you...?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I think the definition of "pagan" is empty, to be honest, at first it probably did describe any non christian, and then it included nature worship, witchcraft and so on until essentially it means everyone. Due to that i add my own definition which is essentially anyone practising a nature based religion which encompasses an afterlife of any sort and a belief in psychic energy/magick.

I am an atheist, a god or a goddess cannot possibly exist in this universe, it makes no logical sense. The only rational way it can happen is if a strong witch died and became a strong spirit who then gained more power and called him/herself a god/goddess. But the standard definition of a god or goddess cannot possibly exist.

"Magick is science" ;) you the man (or woman!)

Go back 1000 years, take two walkie talkies and demonstrate their use to an ancient tribe or village... you would be called a witch and your walkie talkies would be called magick boxes. Why? Because the tribe does not understand it. Science is the stuff we have theories for, the stuff we understand. Magick is the stuff we have *opinions* about, things we *dont* understand.

One day magick will be understood. As it stands science already knows that much of the universe is undetectable aside from its gravitational pull. They call it dark matter. Science also knows there must be dark energy, expanding the universe.... Two things that are there but cant be seen, felt, smelt.... Sounds a lot like magickal energy and planes of existence to me...

Make your own mind up.
Well said!
I believe that magic comes from Spirits that we must interact with through rituals
At first your beliefs sounded different to my own, but in fact they are very similar, i believe that we use our own spirit or soul as a tool to use the energy around us, you believe that we must ask another spirit to do the job for us. So we both believe that energy is magick, but you add another step.

I know little of voodoo however... if a "dead" spirit can perform the magick then why cant you do it directly? Because all we are while living is, IMHO, a spirit operating a body. Once we die we stay as a spirit but we let the body go. So.... You are the same as the spirits you deal with except you have a body while theirs was dropped long ago, hence if they can manipulate energy, so can you...?

Anyhoo... In short atheists can perform magick, and IMHO, can call themselves pagan. Of course a label is just a label, you know who you are inside.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”