the greek coffee divination

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Witch13
Banned Member

the greek coffee divination

Post by Witch13 »

Image ImageThe greek (or turkish ) coffee came to Greece around the time when Greece was under the power of Turkey since they loved it so much!! The first traditional Greek coffee place was opened in London in the year 1652, and in Greece in the city of Nafplio as soon as Greece was freed.
Coffee telling is an art the old women had and they passed it down to their daughters, and the daughters to their own daughters. Men rarely possesed suck art, since they "didnt believe in such things". There are 3 rules for Coffee telling, you never do it at night, the teller ust be payed in the end with something small (either a few coins or some other treat) you never thank the teller, traditionally this little ceremony was for Fridays.

How this works? Each person has his/her own aura and this aura sticks to the things we touch such as the cup where we drink from.
The preparation is like this:
*the coffee is brewed and put to cups
*we enjoy our coffee while chit chatting.
*we stop drinking as soon as we are about to finish our cup (Greek cup forms some sort of mud at the bottom of the cup which needs to be watery in order to do the telling, besides it tastes too bitter to drink it)
*we shake the cup in circles stirring the muddy water and then we turn the cup upside down on a nupkin which is usually on top of the coffee plate.
*now we wait for about 3 minutes for the mud to dry on the cup walls.

THE READING
After the cup is turned, a messy pattern appears, as seen on the top right image.
The patterns on the cup edge are the ones that are about to come or are already here. The reading starts from the point were the lips touched the cup, and goes on clockwise. As we move to the bottom we see the things that will happen further in the future. Finally the bottom of the cup is the heart, if its dark it means worries and sadness, if its whitish its a happy heart, also the images there are the things the person holds dear such as faces. My grandma used to tell me "put your finger on the bottom and make a wish" and from the desing my finger left my wish would be granted or not.
SYMBOLS:
*lines, (--------) the lines are roads whether they are trips or new ventures on our lives, if the line is straight things will go smoothly, if its wavy things will be shaky and f the line is suddenly cut whatever we plan to do will be interupted.
*dots, ( .) mean a present and generally something you will receive
* short line ( - ) means a gathering around a table
* letters (A,B,C) letters are important they are the initials of a name and the symbols around them show what this person will be or do to us.
*bird=news, good or bad
*heart=lover
*entwined rings or circles= engagement, marriage or relationship (if the person is single its relationship if engaged marriage etc etc)
*bell= happy news
*cat= a woman, depending on the cats stance she is friend or foe
*man, simply a man if they hold something its a present
*woman, simply a woman if they hold somethign its a present
*tree= stability, rest, settling
*dog= a friend
*cross= bad luck (sometimes death)
*snake=enemy, emotional pain (i see it as sex)
note: if the image of a man or woman appears the color will tell us how they look likedark= brown hair, skin etc etc

these are only the ones that came to my mind, use your imagination and let your intutition free ;)
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

darn it witchy ur making hungery and craving coffee. i love hashel roasted coffee. and put in full cream mmmm yum, :D hugs and loves

blessed be :D
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

ah no, greek traditionsal coffee is made only with a spesial greek coffee product.
lumidi is the best :D
Greek_Male_Witch

yeah!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Lumidi,Bravo anyway this works guys! my grandmother knows to do divination in a greek coffee,and she have found on my coffe a lot of things that later happened to me,well I usually don't drink coffe it makes me nervous but if it is about divination I drink a cup!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Greek_Male_Witch

plus!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I want to correct something,dog is an enemy on the cup,yeah believe me!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
[White Orchid]

Post by [White Orchid] »

This was a great read. witch13. It is funny it was only last night that I was telling my partner of my good friend and how i received a reading from a coffee cup and was not sure what it was called as i was 18 at the time and now i know I may have to look into it more now

blessing to you
White Orchid
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

my aunt is a great with this, but she jokes saying "i ust say some silly stuff" me and my cousins chase her around the table for a divination :D hhihihihi
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

My morning cupa' joe will never be the same! lol

Very interesting guys, thanks for sharing.
Li Li

Post by Li Li »

i'm liking the sound of this divination, i really wanna try it out (eventhough i don't really like coffee)
witch_girl

Post by witch_girl »

thanks i like it i will try it:)
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Isn't turkish coffee just very finely ground?

Someone read my coffee once and they saw a lion. But I didn't pay much attention to that because they didn't know what a lion meant.
john85uk

Re: the greek coffee divination

Post by john85uk »

What's wrong with using tea!?!?! x
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

nothing wrong with tea, they are two difeerent things:P
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

It's just that I've only ever heard of reading Tea leaves. Never heard of doing it with coffee. Maybe it's because I'm English. Interesting post non the less. Many thanks.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I use the coffee from a cafetiere - it works pretty much the same way but it's kinda difficult to see
i believe using coffee was a gypsy thing but I might be wrong
xx

Return to “General Divination”