Can someone help me? I've experienced something scary to me.

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
CowGirlUp

Can someone help me? I've experienced something scary to me.

Post by CowGirlUp »

Hello, I'm new to this board. I hope someone can shed some light on what I've just experienced. I'm a Christian and never believed in psychics or ESP or any of that type of thing. I hope I'm not offending anyone with my views. But this experience has left me a bit shaken, to say the least. I've lost a friend/co-worker today. I've worked with my co-worker/friend for almost 4 years now and have gotten attached to him. He was like a grandfather type of figure to me. Last night I saw his face in what I thought was a dream. He was frantic, very upset. Something obviously was really bothering him. I felt like he was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't make out what it was. When I woke up this morning for work, I had this really bad feeling inside that something terrible had happened to him. I then just brushed it off as, "Just a dream." Today at work I received several phone calls from different clinics looking for him. No one had seen or heard from him. This evening after I got home I got a phone call from someone telling me that he was found dead. His estranged wife had shot and killed him, then turned the gun on herself and killed herself. When I heard this, it literally took my breath away. I was floored. I don't know what to do, if anything, or think. I still feel like there is something he wants to tell me, but I don't know what to do about it. I just wish I knew what he was trying to tell me in my dream last night. What would cause a co-worker/friend come to me in a dream instead of a family member? Is what I experienced just a coincidence? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

Im sorry for your lost, and i do think he is tryin to tell you something..... and if that is the case then he mite come to one of your dreams again....if he doest then mayeb try a meditation to comunicate with him, there is proply something he need you to do for him so he can move on to the spirt plane, or maybe he just needed to say goodbye? either way if he really does need to talk with you, he will find away, just be open to signs around you, and good luck with finding out the message..
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
Solus

Post by Solus »

I speak from my heart when I tell you how sorry I am... it sounds like something from a story book and not from life. Hold tight girl and hold on I'm sure thing will sort themselves out. Meditation will work and I think if you can find a medium or someone it should help to talk with them. Good luck with your search. Don't let the world around you catch on flames, this is a probably horiddly bad but chin up, ok?

~Solus~

P.S. I don't think you've insulted anyone with your afformentioned views.
~Solus~

Solus is Alone in Latin
Solus is Light and Knowledge in Gaelic
CowGirlUp

Thank you for your help.

Post by CowGirlUp »

I appreciate how quickly you guys seem to be replying to my dilemma. I look forward to opinions from others as time goes by. I truly feel as if this is a dream. I never thought these types of things really happened to people. I guess I just had a rude awakening, so to speak. :?
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

its the old saying... "i never thought it would happen to me'.... i just happned to to online when u were posting, and it was a 'spooky' thing to happen to someone, especally if u arnt used to that kinda of thing (im not sure how christian u are?) but yes hold tight and if u do find out the messange or need anymore help then dont be afraid to post!
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Hey,

*hugs* it's hard to lose someone close, especially in those circumstances. My cousin had a similar thing happen to her the night my grandad died, she saw him and he was saying goodbye and then the next morning she found out it was gone. I think when we're really close to someone, stuff like that can happen, I definently don't think its any sort of coincidence.

If you still think he wants to tell you something, just try meditating on it. But don't let yourself become too burdened by it, because what happened happened, and you had no control over it ok?

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

My sincerest condolences to you, that is a terrible thing to happen.
I second what CelticWave has just pointed out and that being that in life we become close to certain people, parts of our energies go into them and vice versa, we have a bond with them. It makes sense to me that this would carry on for a while after someones death, afterall the energies still abound. I had a similar experience when my son hurt himself, I could "see" him distressed and worried so much so that I phoned my sister-in-law who was minding him and sure enough he had broken a bone in his foot.
For your friend, who was taken so suddenly and in such traumatic circumstances, you were able to pick up on his energies which were also traumatic.
Take time to greive and to say your goodbyes, if these dreams continue then act on it as you see fit, meditation can help. Keep in touch and pm me if you need any help or just want someone to talk to.

hedge
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Keep in mind also that it could have been a premonition - a warning of his death. He may not be trying to tell you anything, or he may have been simply saying "My wife killed me!". You clearly have a bit of psychic powers to have picked that up the way you did. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get a "message" from him, because something like that could drive you a bit crazy and having you paying psychics for fake answers and stuff like that. Don't go to a psychic with this because you'll probably get scammed. Meditation really would be your best bet if you think there is a message for you, or you could ask him to visit you in your dreams and tell you what he wants to say. Many people have dreams of the dead, and they are not just dreams - they are actually visitations. Spirits can visit you more easily in your dreams than in real life. So if you have a very realistic feeling dream with your friend in it, pay attention and write it down so you'll remember because it is probably really him. If he has anything to say to you, he will be able to say it in the dream. He was probably just saying Goodbye though, most likely. There are some spells on my site that might be helpful to you. They are:

Dream of Deceased Loved One
Spell to Contact the Dead
Spell to Summon a Spirit

Good luck.

CowGirlUp

Thank you again.

Post by CowGirlUp »

I really appreciate all the advice you guys have given me. I'm still battling the dream/vision. He may have been just telling me bye, I don't know. I may never know. I just know that his death was needless and too soon. Thanks again. I'll continue to watch your bulletin board, it's very interesting.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Call it what you will. Being close to him gave you a connection to him on a closer level. He was trying to tell you something happened in a way his spirit could. I am sorry I am in the same boat you were in when I lost my grandfather. But I was sleeping in class cause I dazed off of a couple of seconds and rewoke to find my mother calling and saying my grandfather just pasted away. An my last words to my mother was I know he is gone before she even could say he passed away. So do not worry you are not the only one that knows what you went through. I am still sorry I can't be more comfort for you in your time of need. But we are all here for you if you need someone to talk to.
moonlit

Re: Can someone help me? I've experienced something scary to

Post by moonlit »

CowGirlUp wrote:Hello, I'm new to this board. I hope someone can shed some light on what I've just experienced. I'm a Christian and never believed in psychics or ESP or any of that type of thing. I hope I'm not offending anyone with my views. But this experience has left me a bit shaken, to say the least. I've lost a friend/co-worker today. I've worked with my co-worker/friend for almost 4 years now and have gotten attached to him. He was like a grandfather type of figure to me. Last night I saw his face in what I thought was a dream. He was frantic, very upset. Something obviously was really bothering him. I felt like he was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't make out what it was. When I woke up this morning for work, I had this really bad feeling inside that something terrible had happened to him. I then just brushed it off as, "Just a dream." Today at work I received several phone calls from different clinics looking for him. No one had seen or heard from him. This evening after I got home I got a phone call from someone telling me that he was found dead. His estranged wife had shot and killed him, then turned the gun on herself and killed herself. When I heard this, it literally took my breath away. I was floored. I don't know what to do, if anything, or think. I still feel like there is something he wants to tell me, but I don't know what to do about it. I just wish I knew what he was trying to tell me in my dream last night. What would cause a co-worker/friend come to me in a dream instead of a family member? Is what I experienced just a coincidence? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Don't think I'm crazy or anything but as soon as I read your post I got a few things.
He wasn't telling you goodbye. You said in the dream that he was frantic and upset. This isn't the usual activity of one telling you goodbye.
If you can, find out his time of death.. Do you know what time you had the dream? If you had the dream before his death it could have been a premonition. If you had it after his death it could have been him letting you know that something happend. Maybe you can help him somehow. I dont't think this dream would have come to you if there wasn't something you could do. As the others have said. If you meditate on him you can learn more about what you may need to do.
**Nothing is set in stone**
adair

Post by adair »

I agree.And also sorry for your loss.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

*hugs repeatedly* I'm sorry for your loss. I lost someone recently (well not so recently now) and I know to a certain extent how it feels. It's never easy and I think that you are lucky to be able to see him - because if it happened once, it may happen again. I wish I could dream that vividly of my lost loved one. If you ever need to talk, pm me.
Invoke

Post by Invoke »

Hello CowGirlUp, and welcome to the board. I'm very sorry about your friend. I have had those kind of experiences and I believe the same as you as a christian.
Personally, I think this may have something to do with your spiritual growth, your oneness with God and developement of discernment. I think your friend was simply just trying to say goodbye and to prepare you for the shocking news you were about to discover. If you stand firm on the christian faith, meditation in that case, is defined as praying and asking God to give you peace more than anything because there's nothing in your power you can do to bring justice. In the christian faith, only God can be the judge and you just have to trust Him that He has everything under control.

Invoke

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”