Spirit Guide: Eagle

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
)(Apollo the Good)(
Banned Member

Spirit Guide: Eagle

Post by )(Apollo the Good)( »

Tonight I was lying in bed thinking deeply animal spirit guides and I had one of those "ah-ha" moments. Where a events in your life suddenly line up and the connection between them all is revealed to you. What I discovered was incredibly reassuring to me; it helped me realize that even before I chose my Wiccan Path, it was already within and around me.

I posted a few days ago about a meditation I had where I was trying to meet my spirit guide. In my meditation, there was an Eagle who appeared to me on a bridge over a beautiful ravine and I felt completely trusting of this Eagle. I was surprised just how peaceful and loved the Eagle made me feel. But I figured that I didn't visualize correctly, so I didn't meet a human spirit guide.

However, tonight I realized, after reading Release.the.bats.' blog that there are animal spirit guides as well. I thought this was so interesting it also spook about how they may leave and come back to check on you to make sure you are safe or to guide you through different points in life. So i began to discover the other times an Eagle has been a reference in my past.

The first thing I thought was funny, was that in third grade I chose the Eagle as my first oral report. Interestingly enough, in third grade was the last time I had seen my Mom until this last year. My mother has Hungtington's disease and it always caused problems when she would forget about us (her children) and stuff and so my father divorced her (I hated him for it). Anyway, she became too overcome with the disease when I was in third grade and it was the last time I saw until she was in a nursing home this year. How odd that I chose the Eagle as my report the same school year.

Then another time, my father and I were driving, and I remember that it was one of the few times that we ever got along period. We always fought but I remember this time we were driving and laughing together and we saw an Eagle flying in the sky and it landed in a tree. There are not Eagles around where I live in Kansas by the way so it was VERY odd. We stopped the car and just got out and stared...almost a moment between us.

I saw an Eagle one more time. My father, first of all, kicked me out of the house when I came out to him (he used to be a preacher and so I was always force fed Christianity). So my family disowned me and I moved in w/ a teacher of mine and her family. That was five years ago.

A few months later, I was walking with my friend around a lake we have in my hometown and, coincidentally, guess what was in the tree? Teen feet away sat a gorgeous Bald Eagle. It was the craziest thing I thought I had ever seen. Just the fact that I had seen two Eagles in the wild in Kansas was very weird.

Now reflecting on this is so just calming. Like I feel I am never truly alone. Coincidence that I had these encounters with Eagles at the most significant points in life?
:) Nonetheless, it's a blessing that I won't take for granted!
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

I don't think it was coincidence.
Magickal things have a way of jumping out at you.
I'd say this is your spirit guide's way of tapping you on the shoulder and saying, "I'll be right here the whole time, don't worry!"

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”