Tarot readings using up energy?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

The Book of Thoth is the Crowley deck, as far as I 'm aware. He also wrote The Book of Thoth as the companion guide to understanding the deck, as the Qabbalistic system which it stems from , forms it's interpretation. [ if that sounds like psycho- babble, excuse me - out on the lash last night, suffering now!]
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

*points and laughs*
I trust you at least enjoyed yourself!
Storm

Post by Storm »

<wicked grin> That's my plan for tonight Eretik- there are a number of Sambucas out there with my name on them.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Ditto :) It's our friend's christmas party tonight, and I have lots of stuff set aside to smoke and imbibe!
Storm

Post by Storm »

Oooh, good work. Wish we could join up our celebrations.

I actually seriously need those sambucas. I am tad on the ratty side today as I have not have a good day.
Storm

Post by Storm »

To tell the truth, my uber-bitch is showing herself a bit today. Normally she stays inside, lol.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

*hugs*
I don't want to jack the thread any more than I have to, but I'll be home in a couple hours. If you want to chat look for me online, ok?
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Hope you both have as good a time as I did, but not as bad a hangover!, lol. I met some faces from the past, it was interesting, tied up some loose ends. I met a fellow pagan[ solitary Wiccan ] he was really nice, we had a cool chat. I spent most of the night chasing my partner round the cavernous club we frequent [ 3 staircases, 4 floors, much confusion!] We both lost each other several times, I'm tired out! I love the images of the Thoth deck, but I like 'dark' artwork anyway. I hope I made sense above.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

You made perfect sense! And I can't promise I won't get a hangover. I don't party much and I plan to make up for it tonight.
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Re: Tarot readings using up energy?

Post by Vigdisdotter »

Not after a few, but after 15 in a three hour period I DID feel like the walking dead :P

Granted they were only 10 minute quickies nd the like, but it DOES take energy. Of course it would have helped if idiot me had remembered to ground and center properly :roll:
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

:roll: *sigh* the Toth deck is made by Crowley hunh? I knew that...lol

Vigdisdotter, I know what you mean. I'm grounding and centering. Also practising putting on the brakes when I feel I need to. I don't think people that don't do readings understand the energy it takes...except for my friend that is, lol. Sometimes if its your job, you might not have time to ground and center...
DarkWoman

Edit: too many abbreviations, lol
All healing takes place in the dark.
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Post by Vigdisdotter »

DarkWoman wrote:Sometimes if its your job, you might not have time to ground and center...[/color][/b]
There is always time to ground and center :) Just not always the brain power to REMEMBER to do it :P
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

:lol: hahaha, too funny!

Out of curiosity though, is this your work? Doing tarot readings for others I mean?

DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Back when I was a pro (tarot wise), I did get exhausted when doing lots of readings. Grounding and centering helps, but I found that the best solution was a long bath at the end of the day. :-)
Also, your surroundings matter. I was lucky: my post was at a wonderful teahouse and metaphysical bookstore with great energy. I tended to wilt faster when I had to do it outside, on the sidewalk.

I find that being dehydrated makes it harder to both remember to and to actually ground and center.
For teas, chamomile or alfalfa work well for me. Adding some lemon also helps the energy situation.

On break, especially after a long or stressful reading, I like to listen to wordless music to get my mind working in a different way for a bit. Or find a way to get into the body, like Qui Gong, walking, or a quick trip to the Mosh Pit. ;-)
HuntinOwl

Post by HuntinOwl »

Sobek wrote:i never do more than one tarot reading at one time, if the person im reading for needs a little more than tarot provides i may pull out the runes something else.

its good to put energy, but in some things less is more.
This is also what I do.

But grounding and centering is good and can become methodical. While you get your cards start breathing with a propose Lite your candles or set up your table with intent. Hold your cards and allow energies to build with the thought of what you are about to do, Reflect their emotions (the Query) they maybe frantic or frustrated, Don't let their Energies push yours. Guide them through a grounding and centering, then get them to form the question before saying it.

Keep in mind your intuition and knowledge of the card or the the Symbolism will help bring about the answer.

Never! use you knowledge of them to shuffle the deck. And Never use your energies to answer them, Allow your Guiding Spirit and the God/dess to bring the answer.

Remember it's not you, but the Astral Energies i.e. Guiding Spirits, God, Goddess, Counseling Spirits and so on.

Your knowledge of Symbols and Color Meaning not to also mention your Intuition is how you interact with the Astral(Collective Conscious)

hope that help BB

Return to “Tarot Talk”