Native American Spirituality

Discussion of Christianity and other religious systems. How can we explain our faith to Christians? How can you merge your faith in Jesus with your belief in the metaphysical?
rowanallen101

Native American Spirituality

Post by rowanallen101 »

My best friend has begun being interested in the Native American Spirituality, and has had questions of it. Does anyone have any book suggestions or weblinks that I could go to to get information for her?

I'm not really sure what to search for, or even if "Native American Spirituality" is the phrase I want, (or even if its PC). How should I go about this? I think she might be thinking of the shamanic side of things however, but I am not 100% sure.
HelenHealer

Post by HelenHealer »

Celestial Blessings xxx

I dont know of any books but you could try googling phrases such as "Shamanic studies" or "Shamanic medicine" looking for animal guides is also a good source of information, oh and medicine wheels too xxx
rowanallen101

Post by rowanallen101 »

HelenHealer wrote:Celestial Blessings xxx

I dont know of any books but you could try googling phrases such as "Shamanic studies" or "Shamanic medicine" looking for animal guides is also a good source of information, oh and medicine wheels too xxx
Thank You so much.
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

I mod an Islamic forum. The admin's wife is a native American who reverted to Islam. Though the topic might be haram, she has been teaching me and is sending me stuff. If you got a question I could call and ask her.
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

Read, Urban Shaman. Its the best book I have read on shamanism in the modern age thus far, and is based on Hawaiian native American faith and shamanism.
witchcraft_saga

Post by witchcraft_saga »

I agree. Those are probably you best bets. Also, it depends on what native tribe she/he is looking at because, all of them are slightly different. Unless, she wants to learn about them all to see what they are like.

My grandmother died a Catholic and she didn't want a Catholic priest or what ever (don't know what to call them) to talk at her funeral, so we got a Native American to come. They did this whole ceremony and it was very interesting :)
HelenHealer

Post by HelenHealer »

you are welcome :) xxx

Return to “Christianity and Other Religious Faiths”