Astrophysics: Difference between White and Black Holes?

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
elicit

Astrophysics: Difference between White and Black Holes?

Post by elicit »

ive heard of a black whole ok so whats a white whole and whats the diffference
Never Let Your Past Rule Your Future
Be who you are not what others want to see
Every action has a reaction
[Silver Dove]

Post by [Silver Dove] »

ok bud, here is a defenition of white whole and difference between white and black whole....hope this helps.....I am not much of quantum mechanics gal...but this is a interesting topic. I will be reading up some more on it to broaden my horizons...

In astrophysics, a white hole is the theoretical time reversal of a black hole. While a black hole acts as a vacuum, drawing in any matter that crosses the event horizon, a white hole acts as a source that ejects matter from its event horizon. The sign of the acceleration is invariant under time reversal, so both black and white holes attract matter. The only potential difference between them is in the behavior at the horizon.

Black hole event horizons can only "suck up" matter, while white hole horizons ostensibly recede from any incoming matter at the local speed of light, so that the infalling matter never crosses. The infalling matter is then scattered and reemitted at the death of the white hole, receding to infinity after having come close to the final singular point where the white hole is destroyed. The total proper time until an infalling object encounters the singular endpoint is the same as the proper time to be swallowed by a black hole, so the white hole picture does not say what happens to the infalling matter. Ignoring the classically unpredictable emissions of the white hole, the white hole and black hole are indistinguishable for external observers.
May love, peace & hope always be with you. Blessed Be!

Silver Dove
[Silver Dove]

Post by [Silver Dove] »

oh forgot to mention found it on Wikipedia.org.
May love, peace & hope always be with you. Blessed Be!

Silver Dove
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

..........Interesting, I JUST found this....I've never heard of such a thing as a white hole....hmm, perhaps black and white holes act as a worm hole go through a black hole come out of a white hole...hm, another interesting twist to my hypothesis...perhaps they are even doorways to and from other dimensions....
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

*bookmarks*
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Not that I'll ever be able to TEST this hypothesis...but one can dream! :D
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

I could test it!!!

Return to “Beyond the Earth”