Lammas
5%

Total votes: 20

Hera#76

Yule Sabbat

Post by Hera#76 »

It won't be long now till we are in the midst of celebrating Yule.SM049

What will you be doing for this sabbat?

What is your favourite part of this time of year?

Who will you be celebrating Yule with?

I love this time of year, with the cold and dark nights and the crisp fresh breeze. I live in the UK so it is a case of as many warm things as you can find to wear and lots of moisturisers to stop getting chapped lips.

I especially like this time of year though for the simple act of having the log fire blaze up the chimney and roasting chestnuts on it. dvirus
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I'm a SamHain man myself. I honor my dead and celibrate them by enjoying what I have in my family.

As for your questions:

1. Celibrating quietly. There's been too much BS in both my life and my wifes this year past, so we're doing the quiet Yule this year. I'm going to see my folks after the 29th for a few days but that's about the extent of it.

2. Spring, late spring to be exact. I love the smell of the new green in the woods and the wet, lush, freshness of the world around me.

3. Probably just my wife and son. I wish I could attend ritual with my best friend and Mentor, Terry (H.P.Crowley on here.) but, alas. My leave dates place me able to get home to his area well after Yuletide. Oh well. It's in the heart that counts.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Hera#76

Post by Hera#76 »

Thanks for your reply it is always nice to hear what others are doing
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Yule is one of my favorit sabbats.

Sadly we will be driveing 13 hours on Yule day.

But i will be with my Fionce for 13 hours.

My favorit part of it is its the day i meet my fionce, its our aniversery 4 years this yule :).

Sence we are going to see my fionce's family i wont get to decorate really, mot much of a point sence i wont be here.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I don't have my plans yet. I know it will be with my in laws for part and my immediate family for part. I have to wait till it gets closer because there are so many people involved who have weird schedules.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

It's a very special time for me. I give thanks for my life and all the blessings I have recieved over the last 7years. I survived a murder attempt on 21st December 1999, so I have a lot to give thanks for. The experiences I have had in the aftermath and subsequently have led me to appreciate life, it's joys and magic much more than I could ever have thought possible. I spend the time with my family and especially the grandkids I never thought I'd see. I have two more on the way also, so I have more blessings to come and I remember also the forces that brought me here, the faith that found me in darkness and I honour the Spirits of my path.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Eretik: wow.
Skysong

Post by Skysong »

Yule by far is my favorite Holiday. I wanted to do a ritual this year but I have no idea where to start. I've never done a proper Yule Ritual and I know the traditions behind it I just need to actually sit down and think about what I might do... and i need to find candlestick holders for my altar. I have a ton of candles and nowhere to put them!

But the day itself will most likely be spent with my Husband and daughter watching some silly Christmas movie. I'm just looking forward to the snow!
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

My favorite is lammas, because it is on my birthday!
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Beltane is my favorite because I love the coming of spring and dancing the maypole! I love the fires of the ritual...but I also love yule and this year we are planning a celebration with others of like mind. We used to have it at my home, but our group had gotten so large, that there is not enough room here for the ritual.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Imbloc is my favorite holy day. It happens to be my daughters birthday. I am very thankful in all the fresh starts I have been given.
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

Eretik, you look like you're in your 20's! I can't believe you're a grandmother! Congrats! :wink:

As for the OT, I don't have a fav as yet, I'm still learning about the holidays and havent participated in any festivals as, well, pagans are just so hard to come by in australia.
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”