Do you spy into other peoples lives with your Tarot Cards?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Mozelle Ellis

Do you spy into other peoples lives with your Tarot Cards?

Post by Mozelle Ellis »

I Purchased a pack of Tarot Card yesterday. I read myself sounds like me and make me think about my present status and my future.

Now I need more practice so I'm going to try reading to other people by just concentrating on them. Maybe it will give me some insight into why the behave the way they do towards me. Mentally where are these people coming from.
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I have had one of my Tarot decks since 1990 and never thought of trying that, although I did try channeling for a short time around that same time era to spy on a classmate I had a crush on back then. Heh heh... With Tarot, though, nope. I'm too darn busy trying to keep track of my own issues without getting into other people's business. In the spread I use, they have a "view of others" position anyway so I do not feel a need to do that.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

hey, its worth a shot...good idea for an experiment too. the only flaw is there is no way to confirm what you read. the only time tarot gives me glimpses into the lives of others is when i read for them.
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

i have tarot cards and ive done readings for myself, friends, and others and its always been true. I read somewhere that you could do a reading for someone else just by concentrating on them. I tried it on a friend without them knowing then told them to ask if it was accurate and it was. So I wouldnt say i use them to spy on people, just to check up on them. For example, me and my brother arent very close, so if somethings bothering him, i use the cards to see what, so i can be compassionate and more understanding with him. Then i can fix it without having to ask him whats wrong, becuase he doesnt like to cmmunicate his feelings. Any spread will work but one that i found is specifically for using them to know about some one else. You concentrate on them as you shuffle, then just cut the deck four times, where ever it feels right, and turn that section over. Those four cards will represent them at the present.
Mozelle Ellis

Post by Mozelle Ellis »

I need something to do to practice with my new cards. So I picked two people.
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

im glad your practicing! I love my cards. I think my friends are getting tred of hearing "can i do your reading?" lol. im begining to feel like a dog begging for a treat. Ive been temoted to just sit on the side of the road with a sign that says "free readings" but i dont know if thats considered loitering or not! :)
Mozelle Ellis

Post by Mozelle Ellis »

bombalurina LOL! Yeah I feel the same way. I guess I could ask my family. But my dad doesn't believe in hoodoo at all. My mother has never tried it but she has seen and heard something in her nursing days. She's in her 80's and can remember Mayhayley Lancaster. Thats how I found out about her. My mother telling me stories. Plus people she knew that when to see her like my sisters Godmother. Who said Mayhayley Lancaster scared her and everytime it looked like maybe Mayhayley Lancaster was asleep and she would try to ease-up out of the chair. Mayhayley Lancaster would come throw and this would go on and on. Maybe I'll just do my mothers own then tell her after it's done. Whats a fortune-teller to do? Got to find someone to sharpen these skills.
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

hmm, i have no idea what fortune tellers "do" i guess it would depend on the person. I used to live a few blocks away from one. She just lived in a regular home and had a sign welcoming people to come in. I think she just did palmistry. I never went to her, because we moved away before I was ever old enough to go on my own. I wish i could go back and find her! I was hoping to be able to find like, a divination mentor here or something. I just need more teaching as how to improve my skills. Not necessarily for tarot cards, but other forms of divination. Or maybe its better just to practice practice practice? :) who knows?

Return to “Tarot Talk”