Went to a Christian forum

Talk about anything you want to here.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i'm a member of a pretty christian forum. Sercee could tell you how queer they are lol.

"You were told that by another Wiccan???"

i certainly was my dear.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Huh, their obviously not worth the title Wiccan then :roll:
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

well im glad they hated and banned me, if they hadn't i wouldntve come here. but no, they dont deserve to call themselves wiccan.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

*giggles maniacally at the thought of Sobek's Christian forum*
If you want a good laugh at the expense of a fundy Christian on a power trip get the addy for that site from Sobek... the administrator's name is Cretor (add the 'a' in the right spot and that'll tell you something about his personality). I won't even get into how pathetic this guy is. He refuses to answer you if he can't argue with you.
[ravenwing]

Re: Went to a Christian forum

Post by [ravenwing] »

[quote="JamesDean"]Went to a Christian forum to get clarification on their views of homosexuality and spirits. I've told them my views, my experiences, and what I am able to do.
quote]

And there's your problem James. You didnt go there just to get info, you also went there to proclaim your views -- in a place you KNOW opposes them.
Not to sound crass or anything. but if you wanted the info, all you had to do was ask the question, and then LISTEN -- nothing more, nothing less. There are many many people involved in my life that have no idea that I am Pagan and a Witch. Not because I hide the fact, but becuse it isnt pertinent to the discussion I happen to be having.
In other words, what does what YOU do have to do with what THEIR views are -- the answer is nothing at all. But by stating the facts about you when you didnt have to, you took the focus completely off of what you were seeking and put it on yourself.
Next time, ask your question, and leave it at that -- youll get the answers youre seeking.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Sobek wrote:well im glad they hated and banned me, if they hadn't i wouldntve come here. but no, they dont deserve to call themselves wiccan.
Can you PM me the link to the site Sobek, please, I want a laugh :lol:
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

sure, he just added some stuff that allegedly "disproves" evolution.

the link is in a pm
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

My 2 cents in all this is that I wouldn't discount the teachings of Christ just because many of his followers don't pay any attention to them. I left organized Christianity for precisely that reason, but it doesn't mean that ALL Christians believe that garbage (reason destroys faith, the occult is evil, homosexuality is evil).

Look at it this way: Storm commented earlier on the stereotype of witches as "stupid Charmed wannabes." If you're honest, you know that stereotype has a small grain of truth in it. I don't see much of that on this board, but some boards are quite full of airy-fairy new-age silliness IMHO. If you were to judge all witchcraft by that form of it, you would assume it's all a bunch of silly nonsense.

In the same way, if you judge all of Christianity by it's most fundamental and judgmental factions, you're discounting those Christians who do truly try to follow the teachings of Christ and who reject quite a bit of traditional Christian dogma. I would say that if you are serious about examining Christianity, try a Christo-Pagan or Christian Witch forum. Or a "Red Letter Christian" forum (if you can find one - I haven't had much luck with that.) "Red Letter Christians" are Christians who choose to focus mainly on Christ's teachings and to set them above everything else in the Bible. Maybe you'd like to learn about Green Christianity - Christianity that does put an emphasis on a spiritual connection with nature and on environmental concerns. I can tell you that the "fundies" are just as upset about those groups as they are about Pagans.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Can I have that addy too, Sobek, my curiosity is roused now. I've seen a few of these types of forum, one was really bad, Dave and the angel, I think it was called, or the owner is,or something like that. I believe in religious freedom , but I know some religions don't - therein lies the rub.

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”