Question regarding magickal energy in a charm

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Dita_Aster

Question regarding magickal energy in a charm

Post by Dita_Aster »

Greetings all!

This past full moon I decided to do a "triple cast full moon" spell about love. I won't get into the details just now. It was a combination of a spell from an established witch who had previously cast the same spell for me, things I designed myself, improvisation, and stuff I found on the web. It ended up being a really powerful experience, which basically lasted from Friday night until Sunday night - the whole weekend. My end result was a physical "charm" - I used candle magic and steam magic - herbs and oils - as well as some bound paper, embroidery, etc. In the end I boiled and melted everything together to produce this wax charm sewn into silk. There was a lot of intense focused energy, qi-gong, meditation, etc, and burning incense to "send" the spell out into the world. I also used ritual bath, spoken spells, astrological charts and tarot images.

But here's the thing. For the first few days, the charm felt "hot". Not temperature-wise, but it had a different energy to it that I could DEFINITELY FEEL when I touched it. I have never had an experience like this before in my life. It just felt extremely powerful, and like the energy field was "sharp" and pulsing at a very high frequency. This was NOT my imagination. However, after a few days it seemed to calm down, and now after nearly two weeks, touching it feels like normal.

Does anyone know what this means, or has anyone had the same experience? Does it mean my spell worked? Does it stop "working" once the perceptible power diminishes? Or does that just mean it is done "transmitting" and now the spell is working out in the world?

Any advice or relevant experience would be very helpful. Thanks!

(This is re-posted from my intro post at the recommendation of other users, who said this was a more appropriate place :) )
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Question regarding magickal energy in a charm

Post by SpiritTalker »

Replying to an old post -

It would depend on the instructions. If none were stated then EI-EO energy in - energy out. Stop. Done deal. It would seem the talisman gave off the energy it had been invested with as part of the intent. To change this effect a spell should include instructions to expend energy only to the desired target or have a seal.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Question regarding magickal energy in a charm

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

Depending on intent, it could mean that the process that was started has expanded active energy. Then there would be several possibilities. Either the charm has now lost its magic, and has become useless. Or it is possible that only the active spell has run out, and it would be possible to embed more magic into it my meditating on it again etc. As in, while not having any active energy right now, it is still a focus/vessel ready to take on more energy. Last, it could be that it only needs activation again, no spell runs forever on its own.

Non-durable things like wax/paper etc in my experience tend to be one-time use. But it really all depends on the spell you used and the will behind it.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”