Maybe you can provide me explanation?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
lilPainter

Maybe you can provide me explanation?

Post by lilPainter »

Although I have always been interested in magic and spirits, this is the first time I dared to dig further into this.

I have seen many sharing experiences and getting help on the interpretation and im no different. Thanks in advance.

The incident happened when I was a little girl about 2 to 8 years old (it happened many times). To put it simple, I couldn't face the dark, I would say it is the natural child's fear of the dark thing but I think it was different. Why? Well because I could sleep in my room quite nicely but every time I faced in the dark one of the two long corridors in the apartment (one being the kitchen and the other being the corridor leading to my parents room) I would see a figure running towards me, it kinda looked like a lioness that engulfed me and I can't remember what happened after those episodes.
One time I wasn't engulfed, I was sleeping with my parents and I saw the creature creep towards me, climb to the bed and grab my leg, lifting it and then letting it go.

With the time I learnt to avoid the situation it was unpleasant but it did not prevent me from going at midnight to get snacks with the help of a small flashlight.

The "atacks" stopped when we moved to another apartment
Last edited by YanaKhan on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove your Tapatalk signature. Thank you!
sun Scorpio, rising Aries, moon Sagittarius
Disclaimer: english is not my first language so i maaaaay write in a botched way, feel free to correct me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Maybe you can provide me explanation?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can't say what the lion-like figure you saw was but i can speculate & toss some ideas around. Your comment that it engulfed you & you've no recall what happened next...well, assuming you had a reason to be up & returned to bed, what more were you expecting might happen? Did you mean you distinctly cant recall reaching your destination on those occasions? When were you aware of being back in bed? or because it was 10+ years ago you just don't remember?

I've heard psi-sensitive people describe their experiences with spirits as being "swarmed-over" or "engulfed" by shadows and hearing multiple voices babbling one on top of the other, then coming out of it fairly quick; not like they'd woken up in a different location & didn't know how they'd got there. Were there any voices with the figure? And to cover the bases, did lionesses have any special meaning to you? TV show, toy, stories, Easter decorations? Anything that you may have been projecting?

Did your family by any chance have a large cat or dog that died while you were a baby and which would be greeting you? Household pets spirits can remain for some time in their former homes & wouldn't be likely to move to a new house with you.

One time you saw it pick up & set down your leg? Saw it? Not felt it? If you didn't have physical feelings it may have been you were consciously in the mystagogia state, half awake and half asleep. That still doesn't explain what "it" was. :|

Another idea is that you'd had an out-of-body-experience &'the lioness-form was your spirit-self rushing back towards you. I'd had a few experiences as a kid of flying & then seeing this girl from across the room coming back towards myself. I never seemed to recognize that was what I looked like. My spirit-eyes see differently than my physical eyes and it takes a bit of processing. My spirit-consciousness would then merge with my physical body (think suction) and I'd have a brief "buzz" of disorientation.

And this OOBE may have ended when you'd changed homes because it was a change of routine that effected your self awareness for the age you were at. Young kids can be loosely tethered to their bodies until an environment or family change anchors them. The key is change.

Why hallways? Possibly because passageways are liminal places, what's called "between" one place and another. Hallways &'stairs rate a bit higher for ghost sightings than the rest of a normal building, not associated with tragedy. And spirit-travel goes with liminal spaces as well.
lilPainter

Post by lilPainter »

No pets at that home (it was the second apartment we got to live in) and the fact it was a lioness...well i watched a lot of animal planet at that time.

About it picking my leg, well it happened once. Actually it was the only time it appeared in a place that wasnt the kitchen. And i did not feel the bite but i did feel the impact of my leg going back down and bouncing on the bed.

And about not remembering...i just dont.
Is weird because i cant recall what happened after i was "eaten" i would just wake up in my bed as i normally would if i walked by myself but pretty much have a memory hole of actually doing it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Disclaimer: english is not my first language so i maaaaay write in a botched way, feel free to correct me.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

It may very well not have a magical explanation. I had similar fears as a child in my home, but only the second one not the first house. I used to see a skeleton and sometimes a decayed animalistic monster run towards me up the stairs specifically, and I was only safe once I was either in my room or the bathroom with the door closed. As far as I'm aware that had no magically symbolism it was just an overactive imagination and a fear of the dark.
lilPainter

Post by lilPainter »

I was thinking the same to be honest, but i did not fear it precisely...

Its like getting a blood test, you are not particulary a fan of getting poked with a needle but you dont dread it (unless you cant stand blood )

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”