Tarot Tattoo

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
egregorewitch

Tarot Tattoo

Post by egregorewitch »

Merry meet and long time no see.

I realize this might've been a good idea to post before I got my tattoo, to get some feedback, but this past Friday I had the Tower tarot card tattooed on my right arm. It was a long process and took nearly 4 hours. I've never gotten a tattoo before, so I was very nervous. I uploaded a picture as an attachment. Please don't download or distribute this photo.

Lucky for me, I ended up with exactly what I had pictured (a bit bigger than my original thought, though) and I think it is a very beautiful tattoo. It's on my body forever and that thought is a bit scary to me.

I picked the Tower because it follows me everywhere. I draw it in casts quite a lot, and it seems to rise to the top of the deck. It symbolizes fear and doubt, but also emotional transformation-- we, as humans, are constantly wrecking and rebuilding our towers. No matter how many times it's destroyed, you can always rebuild. This tattoo is a tribute to all the time I spent just trying to stay alive, and to each time I had to rebuild my life.

Lots of diviners hate to draw the Tower, because it's an intimidating card. Sometimes it means bad omens or disaster-- but I sort of love it. Do you think it's a bad omen to have it tattooed? I want your honest opinion, do you think this will bring troubles or ward them off? Obviously, it's too late now, but potentially I could add extra protection charms in my daily craft to help.

Also I'd like to hear about which card you'd have tattooed in theory. In the hypothetical case that it wouldn't cost you a dime, which card would you pick?
Attachments
Tower Tarot Card Tattoo. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE PHOTO
Tower Tarot Card Tattoo. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE PHOTO
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Tarot Tattoo

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'd pick the star myself. I think the tower can mean facing our shadow, and integrating it. All the catastrophes it depicts are learning ops to encounter the shadow. In itself I don't think the image would cause trouble because it's just the messenger, and a reminder that facing our fears transforms us. And that is my honest opinion.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Tarot Tattoo

Post by SnowCat »

I would pick the Wheel. It represents the way things change, while moving through life.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “General Divination”