Praising Lord Ganesha?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Veronica_Rose

Praising Lord Ganesha?

Post by Veronica_Rose »

Hey everyone!
I've been on a little hiatus, but I'm back to ask a question. I'm trying to get more in touch with the Hindu Deva Ganesha. Since he is the God of wisdom and remover of obstacles, I feel like He would be a good starting point on my spiritual journey, before dedicating myself to any specific God or Goddess.
I've been doing research, but I wanted to ask here if anyone knows of ways to honor the Lord Ganesha. Like, if there's a type of flower or incense or food I could use at an alter. Or, any other ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much & Namaste friends <3
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Brightest Blessings xx Veronica Rose
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Praising Lord Ganesha?

Post by Firebird »

Hello! Yes is has been a long time, so very good to see you again.

I don't really have anything to offer except, there is this hill where we go to circle, and across the way is another hill (small mountain) and it is just the shape of Ganesha sleeping with his head on his front feet, from this perspective the elephant is facing east. One Ostara morning a large rock right in the location of were his left eye would be had caught the morning rays before the rest of the mountain had lit up and it looked like Ganesha was awakening. It was the most magical sight, (thanks be to West Wind for drawing our attention to the brief phenomenon) in any case Since that day I personally have felt him to be largely associated with things of the east. Spring flowers would be welcome for sure, and especially now that it is springtime. :D
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hello again :)

Ganesha is a very intelligent Deva, and likes literature and art. If you make an offering of Poetry or Prose, with fruit, he will greatly enjoy it, I imagine.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Learning how to do a puja would be a good way to get a running start, but when it comes to working with hindu deities I find the easiest way to take baby steps (though no less powerful) is to learn to recite and meditate with the deities mantras. These in and of themselves are very powerful chants and a good way to feel connection to the energies of the god in question. I found a few good ones for Ganesha here in this link. http://www.iloveindia.com/spirituality/ ... ntras.html
Veronica_Rose

Post by Veronica_Rose »

Thanks for the advice, everyone! The poetry is a really good idea I hadn't thought of, and I love the link to the mantra page. :)
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Brightest Blessings xx Veronica Rose
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Music and dance is what I use.

As for incense I mostly use fire and wood scents. I do change it up. I usually go with what I feel.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

Ganesh is one of the purer gods. I forgot the actual name for it, but what I've learned is that it means that anything you devote to him will be special to him. He's very emotional, and appreciates honesty. Showing him a vulnerable side of you will be cherished by him.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”