Past Familiar Testing Current Worthiness ?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Chrysanthe

Past Familiar Testing Current Worthiness ?

Post by Chrysanthe »

I have been one to attract many stray animals. From cats to dogs to chipmunks, lizards, birds and squirrels as well as a green dragonfly that always appears when I light my candles, it seem that all manner of creatures are attracted to me.

With that said there has been this cat who has been watching me for the past few months. This happened right around the time I rededicated my life to the Craft and the pursuit of understanding and cultivating my abilities.

To provide you with a bit of history. This cat looks EXACTLY like the cat I had as a teenager. During those years I did not have my skills under control but whenever something unexplained would happen my cat would show up and refuse to leave my side until it was over. All I had to do was think of him and as soon as I opened my door he would be there. I am quite certain now that this particular cat was my familiar. For reasons beyond my control I had to move away and could not take this cat with me. I was heartbroken.

Fast forward to the present day. This cat seems to be looking at me with knowing eyes. For those of you with a cat you know what I mean when I say that. In the time I have noticed its presence and it has been making its way closer to me. If I speak aloud it runs away but if I speak in thoughts it doesn’t run but sits and continues to make eye contact with me. Once this exchange is over the cat promptly gets up but not without looking back as if to give me a sign I was heard and then walks off.

My question is this. Could this be my familiar? Could he be annoyed at the fact that I had to leave him behind? Any thoughts are welcome.

-Chrysanthe
*~* I do not exist to please the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy *~*
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Past Familiar Testing Current Worthiness ?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Are you thinking this new one is the same cat that has followed you? If it went to the trouble of finding you, it wouldn't hesitate to come directly to you. It would have aged as well.

All cats look like they know something we don't, and they probably do. :)
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

They obviously do. They are cat.

A man's Magick demonstrates what sort of person he is, what is held most deeply inside of him.
There is no truer gauge of a man's character than the way in which he employs his strength, his power. -- Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

SpiritTalker wrote:Are you thinking this new one is the same cat that has followed you? If it went to the trouble of finding you, it wouldn't hesitate to come directly to you. It would have aged as well.

All cats look like they know something we don't, and they probably do. :)

No, I feel some sort of connection with the cat but it is not the exact cat. This one appears to be the same age as the one I had to leave behind. After 10+ years I would expect he would have a new home now or has gone to the other side. But I feel "something" (for lack of a better way of explaining it).
*~* I do not exist to please the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy *~*
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:They obviously do. They are cat.

A man's Magick demonstrates what sort of person he is, what is held most deeply inside of him.
There is no truer gauge of a man's character than the way in which he employs his strength, his power. -- Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Trust me I do not doubt their abilities. Cats are amazing in that way. They always seem to show up for us when we need them to.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Well, cats "feed" of our negative energies,so they can also feel when we need them and come to aid us, despite of the fact that people say they are opportunistic
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

Bychan Wulf wrote:Well, cats "feed" of our negative energies,so they can also feel when we need them and come to aid us, despite of the fact that people say they are opportunistic

In a way that makes sense. This particular one shows up more so when I have had a stressful day. I have an altar outside and when I go out for cleansing the cat is there. It could just be that I am sending out the vibes and this cat shows up in an attempt to comfort.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Animals can reincarnate. It could be the same cat in a new body. It could be a similar looking cat who has been sent by your other cat. I suspect the former. He may just be taking some time getting formally reacquainted.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

SnowCat wrote:Animals can reincarnate. It could be the same cat in a new body. It could be a similar looking cat who has been sent by your other cat. I suspect the former. He may just be taking some time getting formally reacquainted.

Snow

Honestly I am hoping it is him and if that is the case he can take all the time he needs. Thank you SnowCat.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Lady Chrysanthe, If you can recall something special and unique bonding you and your familiar i.e. special snack treat or trick , or nick name give it a try. We humans have become a lonely collection of separate minds by choice but the Cat enjoys a much advanced intuitive ability and shares a more intimate entanglement with each other of the species and with those they adopt. Even if this particular Cat is not the same one you had to leave it might through shared memories and imprint feel an attachment to you through collective entanglement. My cat "Shadow" has been groomed as a familiar and often I wonder was I considerate of him and his free spirit to indenture him with enhanced entanglement with me. He now has deeper emotions, attachment and a higher level of sentience. He has become a whole different animal ever in my presence with serious intent to honor my bidding. His fixation on me is stressful to him. If I am not feeling well it is very obvious that he is concerned and will snuggle and put his paw on my hand and will be by my side always throughout the day till I am feeling better.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Chrysanthe

Post by Chrysanthe »

Shekinah wrote:Lady Chrysanthe, If you can recall something special and unique bonding you and your familiar i.e. special snack treat or trick , or nick name give it a try. We humans have become a lonely collection of separate minds by choice but the Cat enjoys a much advanced intuitive ability and shares a more intimate entanglement with each other of the species and with those they adopt. Even if this particular Cat is not the same one you had to leave it might through shared memories and imprint feel an attachment to you through collective entanglement. My cat "Shadow" has been groomed as a familiar and often I wonder was I considerate of him and his free spirit to indenture him with enhanced entanglement with me. He now has deeper emotions, attachment and a higher level of sentience. He has become a whole different animal ever in my presence with serious intent to honor my bidding. His fixation on me is stressful to him. If I am not feeling well it is very obvious that he is concerned and will snuggle and put his paw on my hand and will be by my side always throughout the day till I am feeling better.

Thank you for the advice Shekinah. I will give it a try. My old cat was somewhat like that. He hated to be away from me. My mother forbid me from having him indoors but somehow he always managed to find his way inside to me. The only place he didn't follow was school. I guess he understood that was a no no.

Return to “Animals and Pets”